C20 Players Guide around table

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C20 Players Guide around table

Hello friends! The Story Told podcast will be doing a series of two “round tables” with changeling developers and writers to discuss the new players guide. But we want you, the community, to weigh in as well! What’s questions have you been wanting to ask? Leave a response here and looking forward to your submissions!

Best,
    Logan (And Chazz)
    The Story Told RPG Podcast

Has the reception of the Players Guide given them confidence to create more Products?

Will we ever get more solid Rules on the Inanimae, because as of now they are unplayable and kinda useable as NPCs.

Is it a pipe dream to hope we get more Hsien Love? I love what they did with them with just the little space!

Over all what was their favorite Kith Added in the Book?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Are there any kiths they wanted to add that got cut(...like say some form of dragon)..

Comment

These are great! Thanks! Anyone else? we will be fielding questions until tomorrow evening! Thank you for your participation!

Comment

I found the Siochain section a bit confusing. It seems like under the rules they can still rack up and be undone by banality points, was that intentional? Just wondering what the underlying notion was there. It felt a bit weird with that the entire idea of such beings is that they come to terms with both bedlam and banality and so forth.

edit: I'm aware of the whole "you can spend glamour to counter", but comparatively speaking for the way they describe Siochain as coming through the other side of both Banality and Bedlam, pretty much in those words, that they can still accumulate banality anyway and risk more perm banality gain, undoing, all that sort of thing, unless they have really healthy amounts of glamour they can throw around/permanently sacrifice, it just seems conceptually confusing for what they're described as being and the process of becoming one. Especially when their mission statement seems otherwise tailor made for having them run into banality at fair clip afterwards. "The secret lies not in protecting the self from grim Banality or wailing Bedlam, but in welcoming each in turn." feels counterintuitive when banality can still destroy their fae soul just fine. Or "To do so, they must not only master the alien tropes of the Dreaming, but embrace the calm, predictable mundane." Banality remains an active metaphysical, personal threat to the Siochain despite how their state of being is explained (which make it feel a bit janky that they're straight up immune to Bedlam instead. Why one and not the other?). It seems like the most they get is a somewhat enhanced version of the existing capacity for regular fae to to resist banality (the spend glamour to take temp points off thing), and sacrificing a full point of glamour is a bit hobbling as far as purported resistance. That they also probably racked up some banality just for the process of what they became and have that "can't lower banality past its rating when you become Siochain", it just feels weird for how it all comes together.
          Last edited by MarkK; 06-22-2019, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Is there any chance for a reworking of Infusion Art so that it would work according to the same principles as other Arts? That is to say it should be working with all Realms, and in so doing be more versatile in it’s workings, instead of only using Fae and none of the powers should require Fae 5 to work at all.

Is there any chance of more material on Empire of the Sphinx? Especially more on their relations with the various factions of Prodigals in Egypt, considering the war that has been ongoing there for over 4000 years between the Followers of Set and pretty much all other supernaturals it is interesting what part the Empire has played or how have they managed to avoid the conflict if they played no part in it. I would love more Egyptian Kiths as well.

Is there a reason why Changeling skips over the Central America and Aztecs, Mayas and Olmecs? They are not counted among the Nunnehi nor are they part of the Kingdoms that form the Bellatierra, why? Could we possibly at some point get the Kingdom of the Feathered Snake that could handle them and their Kiths? Though I have to admit that Sachamama fit amongst them quite well but more than new Kiths, which could be interesting non the less, I would be interested in their Kingdom forged at the center of Bloodyworship, and the Dreams those inspire, and Flower Wars and how all that fits into modern Mexico. Though I admit that the area could be good ground for more Kiths and propably a few Thallain as well. After all all that C20 gives us on it is that there are native Changelings of pre-columbian Dreams there that are a constant problem for the influence of Concordia.

Then a question not really relating to the PG.

Is there any hope for a Book of Thallain?
            Last edited by Possessed; 06-22-2019, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Is it possible we could get a Changeling Atlas of the World just concentrating on the different locals. Or maybe more concentrated books focusing on just one Continent like Africa or Australia?

Comment

The Players Guide has been released, the writers have been paid, and they've all moved on to other projects. While there's errata being input, rewrites are unlikely at best.

Given the line's current situation, an entire book devoted a single continent would be pretty niche. Before the Players Guide, I would have said that a Rage Across the World type of book for Changeling would be pretty likely. Now that the Players Guide's already covered that ground, a sourcebook about the Dreaming or about Nightmares would be more likely. This is, of course, assuming the line gets more books, which while I'm hopeful, isn't a given.

Charlie Cantrell
                Onyx Path Freelancer
                Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

I wasn't talking about Changing the Players Guide to add new content, I was simply talking about a new book.

Comment

Originally posted by Possessed View Post
                    Is there any chance for a reworking of Infusion Art so that it would work according to the same principles as other Arts? That is to say it should be working with all Realms, and in so doing be more versatile in it’s workings, instead of only using Fae and none of the powers should require Fae 5 to work at all.

Is there any chance of more material on Empire of the Sphinx? Especially more on their relations with the various factions of Prodigals in Egypt, considering the war that has been ongoing there for over 4000 years between the Followers of Set and pretty much all other supernaturals it is interesting what part the Empire has played or how have they managed to avoid the conflict if they played no part in it. I would love more Egyptian Kiths as well.

Is there a reason why Changeling skips over the Central America and Aztecs, Mayas and Olmecs? They are not counted among the Nunnehi nor are they part of the Kingdoms that form the Bellatierra, why? Could we possibly at some point get the Kingdom of the Feathered Snake that could handle them and their Kiths? Though I have to admit that Sachamama fit amongst them quite well but more than new Kiths, which could be interesting non the less, I would be interested in their Kingdom forged at the center of Bloodyworship, and the Dreams those inspire, and Flower Wars and how all that fits into modern Mexico. Though I admit that the area could be good ground for more Kiths and propably a few Thallain as well. After all all that C20 gives us on it is that there are native Changelings of pre-columbian Dreams there that are a constant problem for the influence of Concordia.

Then a question not really relating to the PG.

Is there any hope for a Book of Thallain?

I would love a book of Thallain! We need at least a Thallain section of a Nightmare book.

Originally the Nunnehi claimed to be Native Fae of both Americas so central American Fae may technically be included. But I think how things are now they will be their own Gallain group. I think it would be interesting to have them Include Thallain as part of their over all group. Like they accept the need for Blood and Sacrifice in their dreams.

Comment

I'd love an Atlas with extra kiths in it. So I second whoever asked for an Atlas.

I'd love a book on Changeling and Sci Fi. The kind of Space Opera you'd find in E. E. Doc Smith, L. Camp le Sprague, or Star Trek: OS is a fun and lively fit for C: tD. The Mars of Northwest Smith or Bradbury's stories would be grand too.

A book on the social and cultural life of the courts that changeling life is centered around would be good to. Not just the living arrangements, but how power and patronage are doled out, basic political patterns.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                        Is it possible we could get a Changeling Atlas of the World just concentrating on the different locals. Or maybe more concentrated books focusing on just one Continent like Africa or Australia?
                        Aztec And other Mesoamerican cultures where more then just bloody Battles.

Comment

Working...
                        X