Can Dautain be SIochain?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Dautain be SIochain?

Are their souls too broke or does the process Fix you too much for the situation to line up? Could a say someone want to follow the Path of the Lich and thus gain the true immortality but functionally be trapped playing the role ala Koschei the Deathless(folkloric version not Werewolf version)

I'd say no, since their existence rejects the Dreaming. Whether they're heroes or monsters, siochain play an accepted role in the story of the Dreaming

Comment

No.

If your game allows for a redeemed dauntain (something that the authors are opposed to so it's not "official") then maybe you could have the ark for that storyline eventually have becoming a siochain later after redemption, although personally I'm having trouble seeing how to actually have that all play out at the table in a satisfying and engaging way.

Comment

Honestly what i want is a proper Lich changeling. Someone who is the living Legend of Koschei the Deathless. A villain who they may have fought countless life times. Who has stolen immortality and the power of ruin.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
          Are their souls too broke or does the process Fix you too much for the situation to line up? Could a say someone want to follow the Path of the Lich and thus gain the true immortality but functionally be trapped playing the role ala Koschei the Deathless(folkloric version not Werewolf version)

According to V20, the book explicitly states that the Dauntain are incurable. While there are some who hope for (or even actively seek) a way to cure their condition, none of them ever succeed. The only thing you can do for them is put the Dauntain out of their misery, with a cold iron blade.

Even simple reincarnation wouldn't fix the issue, because Changelings can recover memories of their past lives by venturing deeper into The Dreaming, which makes me think that a Dauntain eventually starts to remember the trauma that spawned them in the first place, thus resulting in them becoming Dauntain again, if they weren't already.

Comment

Well I dont think Lian is after a cure for the Dauntain condition per se rather he is asking if they can become Siochain by locking them into an eternally cursed state.

Comment

Originally posted by Possessed View Post
              Well I dont think Lian is after a cure for the Dauntain condition per se rather he is asking if they can become Siochain by locking them into an eternally cursed state.

Ah, well in that case, I would still say no. From it's description, achieving the Siochain state requires you to achieve harmony between your Fey side, and your Banal side.

But the Dauntain are people who have become traumatized by their Fey side, and transformed into something which is anathema to The Dreaming itself. Their very presence corrupts and destroys it.

The two states are mutually exclusive to one another, so it does not seem possible to become both.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                Honestly what i want is a proper Lich changeling. Someone who is the living Legend of Koschei the Deathless. A villain who they may have fought countless life times. Who has stolen immortality and the power of ruin.
                Perhaps this could be done through one of the Thallain reaching Siochain status wearing the mantle of the Lich?

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

Ah, well in that case, I would still say no. From it's description, achieving the Siochain state requires you to achieve harmony between your Fey side, and your Banal side.

But the Dauntain are people who have become traumatized by their Fey side, and transformed into something which is anathema to The Dreaming itself. Their very presence corrupts and destroys it.

The two states are mutually exclusive to one another, so it does not seem possible to become both.
                  Well their Soul is BROKEN but unlike many of the other types the Liches seem to have done so through intentional means. They also seem to have the most "hideable" flaw...(I mean imagine a Selkie Lich..)

Mind you becoming an eternal wound in the Dreaming just to live forever might be a workable thing. an "Anti-Siochain" as it were...

Comment

Working...
                  X