Kithain law concerning killing Hunters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kithain law concerning killing Hunters

What's the general attitude amongst changelings when it comes to killing hunters? Specifically hunters that have dangerous knowledge concerning Changelings and a Freehold? My troll character killed a hunter and now is being put on trial for it. But is this something that would actually happen?

It is highly dependent on which changeling you ask, as well as where you are. In Concordia you would really have to stretch things to make it a violation of the Escheat though.

That said, most kithain legal systems (possibly all of them) do not have "if it's not prohibited it is allowed" as a legal principle.

Comment

No Changeling law I know of exist to protect humans, let alone hunters, unless those humans are Dreamers and even then Unseelie are unlikely to put anyone on trial for it and even for the Seelie it is unlikely unless Rhapsody was involved, and in the case of Dark Rhapsody both Courts will put the guilty on trial. After all Escheats Right of Life only protects the Kithain and other Fae. So only part of Escheat that could apply is the Right to Dream though that is stretching it a bit.

If you are on trial for killing a hunter, who was a danger to the Dreaming, it is likely for political reasons. Perhaps you have gained an enemy amongst the Nobles who sees this as an opportunity to disgrace your honor, since you are a troll.
      Last edited by Possessed; 07-26-2019, 08:46 AM. Reason: Typo and some clarity

Comment

asked a similar question once. Is it ok to Kill Well meaning autumn people?

answer was basicly with the Seelie code at least you have to demonstrate that your honors at stake otherwise a Rescue shouldn't include murder for its own sake but only as a byproduct of protecting their victims from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post

answer was basicly with the Seelie code at least you have to demonstrate that your honors at stake otherwise a Rescue shouldn't include murder for its own sake but only as a byproduct of protecting their victims from them.
          No, that sounds more Unseelie to me. The Seelie would often act like there's nothing wrong with killing an Autumn Person in cold blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post

Never Forget a Debt. Any who make the world more dangerous for me and mine has earned a debt of blood.

Comment

Working...
            X