X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RigelJ
    • Sep 2019

More books?

Is the C20 players guide the last book? Will more be published? Is the "5th edition" line going to hit us? I cant find anything on the subject (and wouldnt know where to look beyond Onyx Path news), and frankly, Changeling is my favorite WoD game. Would be very sad if it died.
  • tasti man LH
    • Dec 2014

No one knows.

OPP's official stance is that they could still make WoD20a books as long as Paradox approves it.

Reading in between the lines, my impression is that OPP is steadily moving away from WoD20a to focus more on their various other gamelines. Ones that they would have a bit more control over. And that yeah, Paradox wants to move full steam ahead with WoD5e...albeit less aggressively considering all the controversies surrounding V5.

Although honestly Changeling getting put off seems...odd to me. If they're three original release schedule, it should take YEARS before they ever get to a Changeling5e. So it would seem strange to halt it now since C20 shouldn't be in any immediate danger.

Comment

• MagicJuggler
      • Sep 2019

There were two 2nd ed books which were cancelled back in the day. Keys to the Kingdom, and Book of Glamour. The first was supppsed to deal with Egypt and the nearby Middle East, due to its slated release for Year of the Scarab, and the other one...*shrug*

If there is one thing I would be interested in seeing, it would be an updated ST Guide, or updated Dreams&Nightmares.

Comment

• tasti man LH
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by MagicJuggler View Post
        The first was supppsed to deal with Egypt and the nearby Middle East, due to its slated release for Year of the Scarab, and the other one...*shrug*
        And FWIW, we did finally get write-ups on those regions with the Land of Ancient Dreams (Africa) and the Al-Hilal al-Khaseeb (Middle East). So scratch one I guess, lol.

Comment

• marin
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

And FWIW, we did finally get write-ups on those regions with the Land of Ancient Dreams (Africa) and the Al-Hilal al-Khaseeb (Middle East). So scratch one I guess, lol.
          Specifically in the C20 Player's Guide.

Comment

• No One of Consequence
            • Jan 2017

There is always the ST Vault.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

• PookaKnight
              • Nov 2013

We’ve got books in mind that we’d like to do. I don’t know if they’ll be greenlit by the powers that be or not.

In the meantime, I have a handful of items in mind for the Storytellers Vault. The text is finished for the first one. It’s with an editor now, and I’m talking to artists about illustrating it. It’s a bit awkward though. Since I don’t have any sales data, I don’t know what kind of RoI to expect. It makes budgeting for things like art difficult. This one’s really going to determine how viable STV is as a sales platform for me. If it does well, I’ll look at doing bigger, more ambitious books next. If not, future publications will need to be smaller and less costly to produce to be worthwhile.

Charlie Cantrell
              Onyx Path Freelancer
              Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

• Eldagusto
                Banned
                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post
                We’ve got books in mind that we’d like to do. I don’t know if they’ll be greenlit by the powers that be or not.

In the meantime, I have a handful of items in mind for the Storytellers Vault. The text is finished for the first one. It’s with an editor now, and I’m talking to artists about illustrating it. It’s a bit awkward though. Since I don’t have any sales data, I don’t know what kind of RoI to expect. It makes budgeting for things like art difficult. This one’s really going to determine how viable STV is as a sales platform for me. If it does well, I’ll look at doing bigger, more ambitious books next. If not, future publications will need to be smaller and less costly to produce to be worthwhile.
                Your a brand I think I can trust. I’ll get your product when it’s out. If I really love it I’ll also shill it out hard. Like Analects of the Third Garden is my favorite Vault product and I shill that like crazy.

Comment

• Lian
                  • Apr 2014

Werewolf: the Savage Age seems like its the most ambitious thing on STV, you might want to check with its author.

Also I would Murder for Kithbook; Drake/Dragonkin.

Or Pooka Revised... Pooka 1 leans too heavily on outdated concepts.. also it claims that the Dodo isn't an extinct animal.
                  Last edited by Lian; 09-27-2019, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• RigelJ
                    • Sep 2019

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                    Werewolf: the Savage Age seems like its the most ambitious thing on STV, you might want to check with its author.

Also I would Murder for Kithbook; Drake/Dragonkin.

Or Pooka Revised... Pooka 1 leans too heavily on outdated concepts.. also it claims that the Dodo isn't an extinct animal.

I have a player who I think is a lowkey a dragon-furry that refuses to accept his identity. In basically any fantasy setting he must always be playing something dragon related, he has basically no drive to play otherwise. He was resistant to Changeling until I offered to develop a Dragon kith for him, whereupon he immediatly wanted to play the game desperately. Do you think its worth putting on the ST Vault? Its only like 5 pages, but I could certainly develop it a bit more.

Comment

• Lian
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by RigelJ View Post

I have a player who I think is a lowkey a dragon-furry that refuses to accept his identity. In basically any fantasy setting he must always be playing something dragon related, he has basically no drive to play otherwise. He was resistant to Changeling until I offered to develop a Dragon kith for him, whereupon he immediatly wanted to play the game desperately. Do you think its worth putting on the ST Vault? Its only like 5 pages, but I could certainly develop it a bit more.

I am not sure. I mean you'd probably get your return on investment, but I was thinking something about as big as KB: Selkie.

One thing I was consider was one with a bunch of kiths with the theme of "monstergirls" but I don't think I have the skills to pull it off.
                      Last edited by Lian; 09-27-2019, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• MagicJuggler
                        • Sep 2019

I don't think either case requires separate Kithain. You could probably mimic the Dragon-kith by being a Redcap with Wings and Granite Skin, describing it as scales. The Monstergirl a Pooka that takes a weaker Fae Mein/trades the shapeshifting birthright for Sex Appeal.

A Book of Treasures would be nice, especially one that could deal with megaprojects like airships, with "cursed/sentient" item creation, how to create Chimerical items/treasures with Redes, "multi-component Treasures" (e.x. Nocker Power Armor with an integrated Glamour Battery and Lightning Gun), etc.

Comment

• Lian
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by MagicJuggler View Post
                          I don't think either case requires separate Kithain. You could probably mimic the Dragon-kith by being a Redcap with Wings and Granite Skin, describing it as scales. The Monstergirl a Pooka that takes a weaker Fae Mein/trades the shapeshifting birthright for Sex Appeal.

I could mimic Dragons by adding merits to any Kith. So that's kind of useless. And yes its relatively "easy" to build a new kith with what we have move around birthrights and frailties makes an "easy" that's why I'd prefer including any new Kiths in some larger discussion. Like a full Kithbook.. or Gallain book on Dragons(Which could include multiple dragon kiths, have they function as a society.. whether they are theirown thing like the Nunnehi nation etc). SImilarly if I did a Monstergirl book it would include a couple of Kiths, a discussion on Slice of Life rp and mechanics that may support that sort of thing.

Comment

• No One of Consequence
                            • Jan 2017

I was always a little surprised that Changeling never had a Book of Treasures (The Treasure Chest?).

Personally, I always wanted a book that looked at science and technology as a source for glamour and dreams, including inventors, designers, computer hackers, etc., and various forms of science fiction (19th century scientific romance, pulp adventure, space opera, cyberpunk, etc.) that can be influences on characters, the Dreaming, and so on. I figure the Nocker Aethernauts would only scratch the surface of the subject.

Also a book entirely about romance (both courtly and everyday) and running Changeling as a romance-style story.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

• MagicJuggler
                              • Sep 2019

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                              I was always a little surprised that Changeling never had a Book of Treasures (The Treasure Chest?).

Personally, I always wanted a book that looked at science and technology as a source for glamour and dreams, including inventors, designers, computer hackers, etc., and various forms of science fiction (19th century scientific romance, pulp adventure, space opera, cyberpunk, etc.) that can be influences on characters, the Dreaming, and so on. I figure the Nocker Aethernauts would only scratch the surface of the subject.

Also a book entirely about romance (both courtly and everyday) and running Changeling as a romance-style story.
                              The Changeling Treasure Hoard would definitely be a good point of reference, for players and storytellers alike. Aside from being a useful means to expand-update treasurecrafting (ala Dreams and Nightmares), it could also include rules for stuff like Chimerical Alchemy, Kithain Software (Faebook & Instaglam), or even rules for randomly-generated Treasures (Loot Tables). And stuff like Glamour Pact Treasures, whether positive (for "sentient" equipment, like KITT from Knight Rider), or negative (cursed swords/rings), or even rules for Epic Treasures/megaprojects. (Horadric's Cube as a Treasure, anyone?)

Comment

Working...