C5 ruminations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C5 ruminations

Having played V5, I feel that they did a great job streamlining the experience of playing Vampire and making it more narrative/story focused than number crunchy. They made the mechanics reflect the themes that were only really implied before. So my question is, what do you think will carry over to a new edition of Changeling (if they make one)?

Some of the big changes I would note are the combat, damage, attributes, Willpower, complete removal of Freebies, Difficulty rolls, Character trait template allocation, hunger and predator types. I think most of these are great (kind of neither here nor there on the new combat and Willpower being tied to attributes tbh). Obviously Hunger and Predator types are not applicable, but predator types could be translated to a new form of Thresholds. If the Hunger bar indicates anything, Nightmare/Glamour/Banality will likely get a massive overhaul (which I actually think they need). What form could this take? A lot of this translates well, but a lot of it is also pretty complex. I love what V5 did for Vampire, and I frankly would like to start house ruling a good bit of it to Changeling, provided my players were a bit more experienced with the subject. I dont necessarily have specific questions, I just think this is an interesting topic and wanted to hear peoples thoughts on what they might carry over/how they might do it

On a cheeky note I feel my ruminations would be "Why call it C5? Wouldn't C4 be more appropriate?" Unlike Vampire Changeling only has 3 previous editions. First published 1995. Second published 1997. C20 published 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by zee PaTrick View Post
      On a cheeky note I feel my ruminations would be "Why call it C5? Wouldn't C4 be more appropriate?" Unlike Vampire Changeling only has 3 previous editions. First published 1995. Second published 1997. C20 published 2017.
      A fair point, though I have only gotten into WoD in the last 2 years. I started with the 20th anniversary editions, my knowledge is quite limited past that

Comment

I have lots of thoughts on this. I’m not quite ready to share them yet though. Soon!

Charlie Cantrell
        Onyx Path Freelancer
        Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post
          I have lots of thoughts on this. I’m not quite ready to share them yet though. Soon!

its ok! Assuming the Schedual stays on track you have until 2030!

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
            its ok! Assuming the Schedual stays on track you have until 2030!
            Hahahahaha! This is purely as a fan who really enjoys the V5 system. Like you said, it’ll be quite a while before anyone starts thinking about something official.

Charlie Cantrell
            Onyx Path Freelancer
            Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

Hahahahaha! This is purely as a fan who really enjoys the V5 system. Like you said, it’ll be quite a while before anyone starts thinking about something official.

I'm of Two minds.. I'd like to see more c20, but also would like to see a more extreme revision. But that we haven't even seen anything looking like plans for other 5e WOD does make me imagine its pretty far our. Especially I think we saw v5 two years early? I know Ww20 has been stopped for the idea that Ww5 be worked on but.. that's all. M20 has at least two books still being developed so.. who knows?

Comment

Who knows indeed! We’d all love to work on more C20 books, but no one’s given the green light.

Charlie Cantrell
                Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

Its rude to tease. (;
                  Last edited by RigelJ; 10-14-2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RigelJ View Post
                    Its rude to tease. (;
                    You're right, but now it's Samhain, so the teasing is over. The faeries are out to play! Here's my conversion guide for Changeling: The Dreaming into 5th Edition World of Darkness: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XCS...ew?usp=sharing

Charlie Cantrell
                    Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

Are tithed basically Lost?

Comment

They’re originally from the Time of Judgement book, but yeah, they’re Lost if the the Lost were the scary bad guys.

Charlie Cantrell
                        Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

You're right, but now it's Samhain, so the teasing is over. The faeries are out to play! Here's my conversion guide for Changeling: The Dreaming into 5th Edition World of Darkness: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XCS...ew?usp=sharing

MY DUDE WAY TO WAKE ME THE HELL UP

What am I looking at? Is this... a preview? I see its a conversion guide, is this all we're going to get, or is this a taste of whats to come? If you can say

Comment

I AM RIDING THE HYPE TRAIN ON THIS, FULL STEAM AHEAD, CHOO CHOO MOTHERF*CKERS

Comment

Hahahahaha! As much as I'd love to work on whatever official form Changeling takes in 5th edition World of Darkness, this is purely a fan work on my part. I thought Changeling would be a great fit for the V5 system, so this little conversion guide was born.

Charlie Cantrell
                              Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

Working...
                              X