No announcement yet.

C5 ruminations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the Changling Way merged the two souls?

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
      I thought the Changling Way merged the two souls?
      Are you referring to the Tithed? If so, you are correct. But, there was at least the first time a fae took a mortal body before they could undergo the changeling way and start the cycle of reincarnation. Much like the sidhe returning from Arcadia, that first time was hurried and displaced the mortal's soul instead of merging with it.

Charlie Cantrell
      Onyx Path Freelancer
      Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

Oh god. What happened to them.

Comment

The folks at The Story Told podcast interviewed me about the conversion guide recently. I hope folks enjoy listening to us discuss it as much as I did talking to them about it!

http://thestorytold.libsyn.com/c5-co...arlie-cantrell
          Last edited by PookaKnight; 01-23-2020, 10:24 AM.

Charlie Cantrell
          Onyx Path Freelancer
          Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

Cool, I never found the Kith number to be too big. But I understand . The Hsein seem to have nothing to do with Changlings at all. They are totally separate entities that have no connection to the dreaming. Because Asian people don’t dream?

Comment

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post
              The folks at The Story Told podcast interviewed me about the conversion guide recently. I hope folks enjoy listening to us discuss it as much as I did talking to them about it!

http://thestorytold.libsyn.com/c5-co...arlie-cantrell
              Hey, so, I hadn't looked at this, and now I have and listened to the podcast, and I think to you've made my favourite version of CTD and I'm very happy.

In a way, it's almost funny to see the game come around to what it could have been back in the early 00's (

Also great work on the looks. One thing I would change (because I don't think V5's choices are bad per se, just maybe poorly edited), is to use two columns instead of three.

Comment

It would make for an interesting thought exercise, but I do think any C5 is a long way off before anybody gets ahead of themselves.

For me, C20 was actually the best of the Anniversary editions largely because it managed to expand on the game, internationally, along with a more rounded out set of options for characters. If there was a new edition, I would like to address the over-arching issue with every Changeling edition - being that it’s tone is just very incongruous with the rest of the WoD games. Personally, I’d like to play up the horror aspects of being an ‘alien being' in the mundane world a bit more - and I’d also like to see the people the Changelings have cuckoo’d be made into antagonists - as a sort of dark reflection of the characters trapped in the faerie realm. Or something like that.

Mechanically, I’d really like to see the Glamour/Magic system being emphasized a bit more too.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippy View Post
                  It would make for an interesting thought exercise, but I do think any C5 is a long way off before anybody gets ahead of themselves.
                  I am only betting in WTA because it was confirmed and it makes me curious to skim through a playable version of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippy View Post

For me, C20 was actually the best of the Anniversary editions largely because it managed to expand on the game, internationally, along with a more rounded out set of options for characters. If there was a new edition, I would like to address the over-arching issue with every Changeling edition - being that it’s tone is just very incongruous with the rest of the WoD games. Personally, I’d like to play up the horror aspects of being an ‘alien being' in the mundane world a bit more - and I’d also like to see the people the Changelings have cuckoo’d be made into antagonists - as a sort of dark reflection of the characters trapped in the faerie realm. Or something like that.

Mechanically, I’d really like to see the Glamour/Magic system being emphasized a bit more too.
                    i like the change of tone Changeling is Tragic.

Comment

CTD always seemed super dark to me. In a different way from the others. But the others are already different from each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X