Arcadian Reproduction?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arcadian Reproduction?

This question has been bugging me for a while.

If the vast majority of the returning Houses are composed of Arcadian sidhe, and Arcadian Sidhe dont reincarnate
    and two Changelings do not necessarily make a baby changeling
    then how exactly do the houses intend to remain as active political entites if the're incapable of replenishing their numbers?

While there has been some variations of this throughout the lore, it's always been something of an implied plot point.

Basically sidhe rulers tend to have the power and freehold access to be nigh theoretically immortal or at least so long lived that it doesn't matter. However the question of succession is legitimately one that is a very real debate amongst the sidhe.

The general answer is basically to foster and adopt sidhe once they appear and to raise and train them to be ready to take up the mantle of leadership. Also, there's a level of meritocracy that any noble can be raised in title if a higher ranked noble chooses to do so. King David could make an Unseelie Redcap a Duke if he wanted to although it would lead to catastrophic political fallout.

Comment

"foster and adopt sidhe once they appear"
      Autumn Sidhe, ones who appear from the glimmers or both?

Also dont the Glimmers basically happen at random?
      Last edited by [Insert Original Name]; 11-11-2019, 01:39 AM.

Comment

I can't recall off the top of my head, but I'm sure there was heavy implications that Arcadian Sidhe were reincarnating already, but it was being kept under wraps to not reduce the Arcadian Sidhes' claims of being closer to the Dreaming than the "commoner" changelings and the Autumn Sidhe.
        I remember distinctly getting that from one of the books, but can't recall which one so there is the entirely likely chance I just dreamed that up and assumed I actually read it (Which has happened sooooo.... ^^; )
        Take of that what you will but I believe the Arcadian Sidhe are already caught in the tale of the Changeling Way, so they can just keep reincarnating and pretending that they are returning from Arcadia which wouldn't be that surprising for the Arcadian Sidhe, Seelie in particular, at least to me.
        Last edited by KnightFenrirWulfhart; 11-11-2019, 02:58 AM. Reason: Jead... What is a "jead?" Because apparently its where you recall things from.

Comment

Where do you think stories of Changeling abductions come from? Hmm?

Comment

Aye Glimmers do happen at random [Insert...], but they do happen with enough regularity and sidhe live on such a time scale that they can usually wait for a fresh Arcadian or adopt an autumn be their heir.

Plus, the noble houses have a nasty habit of trying to snipe each others childlings and rush them through the saining to gain new members.

Comment

I might be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that Arcadian Sidhe had the choice on whether or not to accept the changeling way. Those who do are reborn as Autumn Sidhe. For those who don't, their soul departs into the Dreaming and is never heard from again. Arcadians posit they return to Arcadia, or at least they hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by shadryx View Post
                I might be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that Arcadian Sidhe had the choice on whether or not to accept the changeling way. Those who do are reborn as Autumn Sidhe. For those who don't, their soul departs into the Dreaming and is never heard from again. Arcadians posit they return to Arcadia, or at least they hope so.
                Thats the gist of it.

also gryffon dosent spending most of their time in freeholds almost guarantees bedlam?
                Last edited by [Insert Original Name]; 11-11-2019, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Aye, unless it's done carefully. Staying longer then a week begins the ride towards bedlam but if one was careful and made use of other such fae gifts they can still significantly expand their natural life spans.

Comment

Working...
                  X