Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Endless Winter the same thing as Banality?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@lian I agree with you

Rain On Me... Lady Gaga (I went to the same academic summer camp she did) and Ariana Grande. This song actually works really well with the World of Darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
      I don't believe in a One World of Darkness Scenario that all the Protagonist factions are nesisarily on the same side, like Gehenna or the Apocalypse MIGHT be something that ultimately upsets the inevitable slide into Winter. There are many world ending options coming to the table but they don't have to all match up with eachother and some might be preferable to some factions than others... like the Dark Glamour released from Vampire Blood gods risings and showing that there is magic in this world and it will be acknowledged is going to be something that pushes back paradox and banality... even if billions die along the way.

I think in crossover gaming its far more interesting for it to look distinctly beneficial if someone elses end of the world happens... it makes it so much more interesting about conflict rather than only fighting "Evil" parts of another gameline.
      Absolutely. I think the Fomorians are absolutely distinct from the Wyrm.

Comment

adambeyoncelowe I agree 100%

Rain On Me... Lady Gaga (I went to the same academic summer camp she did) and Ariana Grande. This song actually works really well with the World of Darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
          I don't believe in a One World of Darkness Scenario that all the Protagonist factions are nesisarily on the same side, like Gehenna or the Apocalypse MIGHT be something that ultimately upsets the inevitable slide into Winter. There are many world ending options coming to the table but they don't have to all match up with eachother and some might be preferable to some factions than others... like the Dark Glamour released from Vampire Blood gods risings and showing that there is magic in this world and it will be acknowledged is going to be something that pushes back paradox and banality... even if billions die along the way.

I think in crossover gaming its far more interesting for it to look distinctly beneficial if someone elses end of the world happens... it makes it so much more interesting about conflict rather than only fighting "Evil" parts of another gameline.

I also agree that they are not on the same side. But they are contributing to the breakdown (as are the "heroes"). Though I also think that the minions of these differing types of decay are often fighting each other, and that might be why it hasn't all come crashing down yet.

When it comes to the Fomorians, I think that they are a mixed bag in modern nights. Most would be considered being Umbrood of Primordial, Questing or Dynamic Essence in Mage terms, and thus would smell of the Wyrm to varying degree to Werewolves. Of course, the Garou say that about most everything. But overall they will be primal entities, selfish, cruel, and utterly uncontrollable.

I would go so far to say that some Fomorians may be the best bet for allies in the coming winter, though they would still be crazy dangerous. In my home campaign, the Questing Beast is a Primordial/Questing entity, but one that is deeply involved with the dreaming (it goes where it wants).
          Last edited by MythAdvocate; 12-10-2019, 03:51 PM.

“Humpty had always sat on walls, it was his way.”
          Jasper Fforde, The Big Over Easy

Comment

Working...
          X