Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any more thoughts or comments about the Swan Maidens (Swan Princes)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Fate does pretty much suck.

The die is cast.

Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

I know, being Doomed to a bad thing those suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post

Yeah the whole three frailty thing is kind of absurd. Especially considering how bad the Dark Fate one is.

If you form a meaningful connection with someone either you or your Object of Affection will suffer horribly unless you instantly break up. And another frailty being you feel Heartbreak especially bad.

At least give them three birthrights to even it up a little, like being able to turn into a Swan,
        I wouldn’t mind that.

Though I don’t mind kith not being balanced. Some folks just have the odds stacked against them.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Animal wife is a broad myth. Woman takes off animal skin, man steals skin. Man forces woman to be his. While there are other swan shifter stories, there are swan shifter animal bride myths. And they are a fairly common myth throughout the world thus I'd probably remake the whole swan thing as a broad animal wife kith, related to selkies mechanically similar.

I then might explicitly make a Damsel/Astolfo kith that takes the other bits of swan maid. A kith that's explicitly about being the the true love you fight for.

Comment

Animal wife is a broad myth. Woman takes off animal skin, man steals skin. Man forces woman to be his.

Holy shit that’s fucked up. It’s like kidnapping a Women and taking away her methods of escape,

Comment

Konradleijon pretty much

The die is cast.

Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Yeah those anyone else realize how incredible fucked It is. Speaking of Kiths from the players guide could a Lycians be born out of the furry fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                  Animal wife is a broad myth. Woman takes off animal skin, man steals skin. Man forces woman to be his.

Holy shit that’s fucked up. It’s like kidnapping a Women and taking away her methods of escape,
                  Not... like.

Though there are a couple which are woman takes off animal skin to be with man, but its a secret so she hides but the man can't trust a woman to keep her secrets so he has to find it and because of that she leaves him because he can steal her power.

Comment

I know, a Chinese version of the tale had a man sneak a peek at his wife only for him to die from shock, the Snake bride then has to journey arounD the world to find a cure from death/shock induced coma.

It has gender issues but it’s much less ick.l

Comment

Working...
                    X