Those the Troll Frailty include “Human Vows”

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those the Troll Frailty include “Human Vows”

Like say a Troll is called to court and is sweared in, Will they be able to lie to protect the right of ignorance.

I mean, it seems like a good impossible situation around oathbreaking, that shows up in a lot of mythology and the like. But it depends on the situation of course, and it certainly shouldn't be used by the ST just to punish someone for playing a troll.

Comment

I know. But still having to make the responsibilities of the Autumn world along with the responsibilities of Fae world.

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
        I know. But still having to make the responsibilities of the Autumn world along with the responsibilities of Fae world.
        Yup, and balancing the two is a core theme of Changeling, probably the most core theme

Comment

I know just imagine a Troll is sentence to be a Witness in court, unfortunately the Crime involved Glamour filled Shenanigans. And if he tells the truth it would break the right to ignorance. And probably also get in trouble for “Lying” in court.And the Troll is placed between a rock and a hard place. The PCs have to find A way to help him not break any of his oaths, I think he could just not go to trial and run away. But that’s not really a Trollish thing to do.

Comment

A dangerous situation. The Troll in question would have to be very careful in its choice of words. I think most would run, do time or lie and suffer the consequences.

Hopefully, the local nobles would be able to intervene. Of course THAT would come with its own troubles for the Troll.

“Humpty had always sat on walls, it was his way.”
            Jasper Fforde, The Big Over Easy

Comment

The Troll can also say "I'm not going to testify". There is no mandate if you say see someone get murdered that you have to testify.

Comment

Working...
              X