Kiths of Arcadia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiths of Arcadia

Available now on Storytellers Vault: Kiths of Arcadia, presented by Radio Free Arcadia!

https://www.storytellersvault.com/pr...ths-of-Arcadia

Caught between the Wyld Hunt and a mad king...

Released in 1996, Arcadia: The Wyld Hunt, a collectible card game, offered Changeling: The Dreaming players a tantalizing glimpse into Arcadia. The game allowed players to create their own character with which to explore the heart of the Dreaming. Most of the character options were those found in Changeling, but intriguingly, a handful never made their way into the role-playing game — until now.

Heroes arise to face the Darkening!

Kiths of Arcadia presents the seven never before published kiths from Arcadia: The Wyld Hunt for use in Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition chronicles:
    • Army Ant Platoons
    • Dragonkin
    • Imps
    • Mechorgs
    • Nagas
    • Renegade Cogs
    • Tritons

What is Radio Free Arcadia? Releases under the Radio Free Arcadia banner come straight from the heart of the Dreaming! Any work featuring the Radio Free Arcadia logo was created by one or more people who worked on the Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition game line. These titles feature experienced writers with professional attention to detail.
    Last edited by PookaKnight; 01-08-2020, 05:46 AM.

Charlie Cantrell
    Onyx Path Freelancer
    Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

PookaKnight I defo want to buy this. Can you update this thread and let me know when the book is released?

The die is cast.

Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
        Can you update this thread and let me know when the book is released?
        I will! I'm just waiting on a few more final art pieces. It'll be released as soon as I have them all.

Charlie Cantrell
        Onyx Path Freelancer
        Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

Thank you!!

The die is cast.

Comment

Color me intrigued. I've been writing a lot of new Kiths myself, and always like to see the takes others have.

Comment

I collected the game and remember loving the concept, with the hope that some of the new kiths would get the nod into the RPG. As an aside, though, weren't (D)Jinn available as a kith as well? I would like to say I remember that I had one.

"At the risk of sounding like a murder hobo"

Attributed to Nyrufa.

Comment

Inertial Frame the Jinn are in C20 Players Guide.

The die is cast.

Comment

Ah, I didn't realize. I don't have it, yet, so I had no idea. Thank you, Penelope.

"At the risk of sounding like a murder hobo"

Attributed to Nyrufa.

Comment

Originally posted by Inertial Frame View Post
                    Ah, I didn't realize. I don't have it, yet, so I had no idea. Thank you, Penelope.
                    More properly, 'Jinn' in C20 is a term the Middle Eastern changelings use to refer to themselves and other supernaturals. Djinn, however, is used only for the beings of that name referenced in legends and sacred texts.

Your memory's right on remembering Djinn as a kith in Arcadia, but that version's not been ported over to the RPG.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

marin so the Jinn from C20 and the Djinn from Mage are two different beings?

The die is cast.

Comment

For the purposes of Kiths of Arcadia, the Jinn from the C20 Players Guide covers the Djinn from the card game.

Charlie Cantrell
                        Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

PookaKnight awesome!!

Since you’re a writer, I wanted to ask you a question. One of the Jinn kiths from C20 is called the afreet. They sound A LOT like the Djinn from Lost Paths. Is the similarity intentional? Thanks 😊.

The die is cast.

Comment

I did the Lycians in the Players Guide, so I can’t speak for the person who wrote the Jinn. It might have been an intentional nod, or it could have been just a result of both pulling from the same sources. It’s pretty easy to do when you’re drawing on real world myths.

Charlie Cantrell
                            Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

That makes sense. Thanks.

The die is cast.

Comment

Working...
                              X