Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I convince my ST that this doesn’t trigger the Mantle of the Maiden Frailty?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konradleijon ikr!!! 🥰 I really like this character.

In D&D, Fionnghuala is the goddess of Swan Maidens. Fionnghuala is also the Irish version of Penelope.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
      True! My friend who’s playing a satyr said the same thing, that if my character was just horny, she could probably even go all the way without triggering the Frailty because it wouldn’t be “intimate,” but our ST wouldn’t go for it, so we ended up using the argument that just messing around doesn’t count. My character (Corenice) does kind of like the guy, but he’s not Kithain or even Kinain, plus she’s terrified of falling in love cause of the whole Dark Fate thing.

Thanks 😊
      Corenice needs to get her Sarah Conner on. "There is no fate but what we make."

Meanwhile this whole Dark Fate could have been avoided she'd just gone with God's Loophole. Figure if God can't see that kind of sex neither can your ST.
      Last edited by johntfs; 02-29-2020, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johntfs View Post

Meanwhile this whole Dark Fate could have been avoided she'd just gone with God's Loophole. Figure if God can't see that kind of sex neither can your ST.
        True lol. My one friend used to sprinkle a line of salt in front of her bedroom door because she thought God couldn’t see in if she did that. But Corenice is a Swan Maiden and it really makes her happy being in love. She’d just rather not have to die or lose her kith—her identity—because of it.

In D&D, Fionnghuala is the goddess of Swan Maidens. Fionnghuala is also the Irish version of Penelope.

Comment

True lol. My one friend used to sprinkle a line of salt in front of her bedroom door because she thought God couldn’t see in if she did that. But Corenice is a Swan Maiden and it really makes her happy being in love. She’d just rather not have to die or lose her kith—her identity—because of it.
          Who says she'll die? Figure in the WoD there's plenty of "Dark Fates" that make death seem like a mercy. Your "Dark Fate" could easily to be "you kill the one you Truly Love."

It's been a long time since I looked at Changeling: The Dreaming (I much prefer Changeling: The Lost for my WoD faerie tales), but is there some kith/path/aspect that's associated with motherhood? Maybe instead of having Corenice try to cling to her Swan "Maidenhood" she should lean into the idea of the Triple Goddess by embracing the idea of the Mother. Instead of avoiding your Dark Fate, have her pursue a destiny that does all that and more. Don't run away, run toward.

Comment

johntfs She’s not pregnant! lol

But aside from that, you make some really good points. I need to think about this. And talk to my friend; she’s been playing WoD longer than I have. Thanks.

Comment

johntfs She’s not pregnant! lol

But aside from that, you make some really good points. I need to think about this. And talk to my friend; she’s been playing WoD longer than I have. Thanks.
              Ones of the reasons that I posted "The Loophole" video is that your thread really put me in the mind of the girls in the video. They want the social acceptance of being "good Christians, but they don't want the risks/sacrifices of leading the actual Christian life (as they see it). So they're up for doing anal because it "technically" preserves their "virginity." Likewise, you want to play a "Swan Maiden" but you also don't/didn't want to deal with actually having the taboos/frailties that come with that Kith. You want your character to be able to fuck without other stuff coming down.

It'd be like somebody coming to me as an ST and saying "I want to play a Gangrel vampire because I like the claws and turning into a Wolf, but can I make an some kind of alchemist so I can make a potion to let him walk around in sunlight?" And my answer would be "No. He's a vampire. Sunlight burns vampires. If you want to do the wolf/claw thing, play a werewolf instead."

So, my overall take for you is, instead of trying to push your ST into ignoring the rules of the Kith, play a Kith that lets you do what you clearly want to do. Maybe a Selkie.

Comment

[QUOTE=johntfs;n1372265]

Ones of the reasons that I posted "The Loophole" video is that your thread really put me in the mind of the girls in the video. They want the social acceptance of being "good Christians, but they don't want the risks/sacrifices of leading the actual Christian life (as they see it). So they're up for doing anal because it "technically" preserves their "virginity." Likewise, you want to play a "Swan Maiden" but you also don't/didn't want to deal with actually having the taboos/frailties that come with that Kith. You want your character to be able to fuck without other stuff coming down.

Yeah, basically.

Anyway, I'm happy with the way her character development is going. Thank you for your advice.

Comment

Working...
                X