Non-Artist Dreamers and Glamour Harvesting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Artist Dreamers and Glamour Harvesting

The C20 intro says that activists that fight to change corrupt social structures and scientists that want to positively change the world with their research, can touch the Dreaming.

House Ailils write up says they could gain Dark Glamour from Political intrigues, a Ailils Changling could muse someone like Frank Underwood (from ‘House of Cards’) to harvest Dark Glamour from their Creative, Machiavellian politics.

Yup.

I'm not sure if there's a question there, but I do like that aspect of it.

Comment

I know I hope the game showed more of it.

Comment

Aye, C20 has done a better job then previous editions of saying that anything and everything that inspires passion, motivation, feeling and the like produces glamour.

Glamour and Dark Glamour are both passion and inspiration. Whether fear that drives people towards better behavior or the inspired passion of a political activist (Glamour) or the terror of a car crash and the dread of a slowly pursuing hunter (Dark Glamour).

This means that Banality is not, as it's sometimes considered, sadness or misery. There is Glamour in sadness. No, banality is an absence of glamour. It is apathy, malaise, boredom, monotony, and ignorance. Banality is a conscious or subconscious denial of passion. A denial of a person's true joy.

It's not always totally universal either.

One person may love to dance and traps glamour from it constantly, but someone who is shy and awkward might not take well to dancing. In fact might even be a banal experience for them because it's a denial of who they are and their true passions, their true will displaced by someone else. If it got bad enough, the embarrassment and frustration could even manifest as Dark Glamour.

It's an incredibly diverse and unique thing, but I hope this helps folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryffon15 View Post
          Aye, C20 has done a better job then previous editions of saying that anything and everything that inspires passion, motivation, feeling and the like produces glamour.

Glamour and Dark Glamour are both passion and inspiration. Whether fear that drives people towards better behavior or the inspired passion of a political activist (Glamour) or the terror of a car crash and the dread of a slowly pursuing hunter (Dark Glamour).

This means that Banality is not, as it's sometimes considered, sadness or misery. There is Glamour in sadness. No, banality is an absence of glamour. It is apathy, malaise, boredom, monotony, and ignorance. Banality is a conscious or subconscious denial of passion. A denial of a person's true joy.

It's not always totally universal either.

One person may love to dance and traps glamour from it constantly, but someone who is shy and awkward might not take well to dancing. In fact might even be a banal experience for them because it's a denial of who they are and their true passions, their true will displaced by someone else. If it got bad enough, the embarrassment and frustration could even manifest as Dark Glamour.

It's an incredibly diverse and unique thing, but I hope this helps folks.

The clearest example I have is in writing; Poetry makes me zone out like nothing else, boring me to the point of frustration, in almost every case that I've consumed it thus far. It is, to me, a highly banal practice. To my mother, it's her form of self expression. She is a published poet, and nothing inspires her to create more. Its a magic entirely based on perspective.

Comment

Working...
          X