Kinain of assorted Gallain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinain of assorted Gallain

Kithain and Kinain are fairly cut-and-dry but it gets especially interesting when dealing with the assorted non-Kith Fae.

While Kinain of the Nunnehi, Menehue, or even the Thallain make a fair amount of sense, others are headscratchers:

How would Adhene Kinain work for example?

How would Hsein Kinain, if that's even an option...

Could an Inanimae Husk result in part-elemental Kinain?

Adhene are real enough to the enchanted. Mechanically I'd imagine they'd function similarly to standard Kinain.

Other two were never really brought up. I can see arguments for either way... Inanimae would probably be easier. Hsien would have to deal with the complexity of their powerset and may just be better off as taking a blessing and your standard human mix stuff(Hedgemagic/psychic/faith)

Comment

Wait Adhene can be enchanted what?!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
        Wait Adhene can be enchanted what?!

IF you enchant a human being(or prodigal) Adhene can be interacted with?

Comment

Strictly speaking, Inanimae, Dark-kin, and Hsien don't have the same kinds of relationships with humans that Kithain do, so I'd say they don't have Kinain. I would say that Nunnehi and Menehune do have Kinain - they are still, basically, changelings - but of course wouldn't call them that. Thallain can as well, but as a matter of history most Thallain would have to track down the descendants of the Kinain they had in the past. I also suspect that Thallain have always had a tough time keeping track of their Kinain, as I can imagine a lot of broken families coming from the kind of behavior Thallain are known for.
          Last edited by Bob the Skull; 02-18-2020, 06:31 PM.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
          - H.L. Mencken

Comment

yes though Boggrots are mentioned to live in tight nit Communities and also like taking young maidens as sex slaves. so their should be at least some Kinain their also Nasties.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bob the Skull View Post
              Strictly speaking, Inanimae, Dark-kin, and Hsien don't have the same kinds of relationships with humans that Kithain do, so I'd say they don't have Kinain. I would say that Nunnehi and Menehune do have Kinain - they are still, basically, changelings - but of course wouldn't call them that. Thallain can as well, but as a matter of history most Thallain would have to track down the descendants of the Kinain they had in the past. I also suspect that Thallain have always had a tough time keeping track of their Kinain, as I can imagine a lot of broken families coming from the kind of behavior Thallain are known for.
              I forgot are Hsien Sterile? I seem to remember Demons and Hsien were similar both being possessed by Fallen Ministers of Creation and both being sterile if I recall.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

As a general rule, I go by the following:

Adhene- Kinain of Dark-kin descent are certainly possible, and make for a great origin story. The Keremet and Moirae are the most likely to have kinain, as they did not suffer the silver ban, and thus might have had time to mingle over the ages.

Hsien- Personally, I feel that the Hsien should be considered Prodigals, and not fae at all. Also, the manner in which Hsien reincarnate may not lend itself to producing fae blooded persons. I personally would say no to Hsien kinain, though having a Kithain or other fae kinain who comes from an Asian family is perfectly acceptable. Pooka and Hengeyokai, Trolls and Oni, Sluagh and Akaname, etc.

Inanimae- Relationships with elementals are an old trope, and one I think would make a great story. Though I think such kinain would be intermingled with Kithain families that are thematically appropriate. Glomes and Trolls or Satyrs and Kuberas for instance.

Menehune- Like the Nunnehi, the Menehune come from cultures where humans intermarry with otherworldly beings. The resulting bloodlines would be humans with a tendency towards mystical awareness and a destiny. Menehune Kinain would have overlap with the kinfolk of the Mokole and Rokea. Overlap with Kithain and other fae bloodlines are also common, particularly the Mer and Selkie being the most common.

Nunnehi- The various Native American peoples have many stories detailing the kinship between men, animals and spirits, with many accounts of mixed marriages. The children born from such relationships are almost always human in appearance, though often bearing a destiny (heroes, Medicine Folk, etc). Kinain born from Nunnehi bloodlines overlap with kinfolk of the Gurahl, Nuwisha, Pumonca, Qualmi, Uktena, and Wendigo tribes. Overlap with Kithain and other fae bloodlines are also common, particularly commoner fae.

Thallain- These dark fae mostly arise from the bloodlines of their Kithain and Gallain cousins, or those of a relatively close nature. Ogres turn up in Troll and Redcap families. Beasties from Pooka families and the like. There is also considerable overlap with Black Spiral Dancer kinfolk and Fomori families (and possibly Revenant families too).
                Last edited by MythAdvocate; 02-19-2020, 11:13 AM.

“Humpty had always sat on walls, it was his way.”
                Jasper Fforde, The Big Over Easy

Comment

Working...
                X