Playing a Lycian as a full-fledged Player Character

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing a Lycian as a full-fledged Player Character

In a server game I'm in, Lycians are permitted, and I am interested in giving one a test run.
    However, many of the ideas appear to be more suitable as NPC/quest encounters rather than full-fledged PCs.
    The game is set in Vegas, and I was considering a "City Father" archetype of a sort. A Quixotic Chimera that appears as a mobster in a suit, whose guise is "The City of Sin" meaning items that symbolize Vegas itself (I am considering the "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign"), who would act as a sort of tour guide/proprietor of the spirit of sin and revelry.
    Alternately, an abandoned animatronic.

Has anyone here had any success or advice on how to play as a Lycian, especially if integrated into a cross-splat game?

I want to try something like that, or have them open as Characters for players that can't make it every game. They seem to be a replacement for the Inanimae till we get rules for them.

But a thread I will eventually start if no one beats me to it is one dedicated to coming up with different redes. We need to expand their Repertoire both for PCs and NPCs. I want to have Godlike Chimerical Dragons and Quixotic Chimera with connections to the Parthenon or Pokémon Go making a Psychic Mewtwo demigod when it first was introduced.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I've tinkered with it, but have not had the chance to play a Lycian yet. Personally I would love to play one. Pondering a Lycian called the "Sock Scarfer," embodiment of the idea that socks magically disappear. "He" appears as a roughly humanoid creature made of discarded socks.

“Humpty had always sat on walls, it was his way.”
      Jasper Fforde, The Big Over Easy

Comment

Working...
      X