Kakamora: We should make a kith.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kakamora: We should make a kith.

These are hostile fae of the Solomon Islands. They're small, scary strong, mean spirited tricksters, who love rain and the moon. Also white things, like a clean t-shirt, scare them.

The coconut pirate things in the film Moana were based on these guys.

https://www.wondermondo.com/kakamora-caves/

http://www.wyspy.webd.pl/en,kakamora.html

Comment

I think the Frailty should be their Birthrights don't work in sunlight nor can they use glamours when the sun is above the horizon, although they can maintain them or continue rituals.

As small as they are they should get +2 the STR and they should never botch noncombat STR rolls.

I'm less certain about the other birthright, maybe, because of their great love of rain and the moon, if they cast a glamour at night when the moon is above the horizon or it is raining, they add one success to any successes they get. This would fit both the facts they love the Moon and rain and that they are supposed to be more powerful during rainstorms or in moonlight. The last detail I found yesterday on an internet source I can't find today but will post as soon as I can.

Reactions to these birthrights and frailty?

Comment

Till I research them I would pop them as Chimera. But they sound interesting! I'm more a fan of having regional fae drift from their native locations, rather then limit all the Hawaiian fae to a single village for instance. So I would have these lil buggers show up across the pacific.

But I like simple ideas for birthrights and frailties, so I think they sound fine. Or maybe just limit their ability to use Glamour during daytime, or that may be harsh give them a glamour point surcharge when they are outside during the day? Or maybe at night glamour expenditures cost one less, minimum of one spent, and this stacks if its raining. This way expensive power expenditures are cheaper for them, it emphasizes mighty feats. Just spitballing.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Maybe they're cooks in an LA tiki bar. To keep their jobs and good names they serve excellent food and drinks. They use the power of the tikis to enchant people into high risk behavior. They avoid enchanting co-workers, to have fewer complications. They see tourists as easy meat and delight in enchanting tourists into dangerous levels of stupidly.

How does that fit for an out of their normal territory encounter?

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
            Maybe they're cooks in an LA tiki bar. To keep their jobs and good names they serve excellent food and drinks. They use the power of the tikis to enchant people into high risk behavior. They avoid enchanting co-workers, to have fewer complications. They see tourists as easy meat and delight in enchanting tourists into dangerous levels of stupidly.

How does that fit for an out of their normal territory encounter?
            That's exactly the type of situation I'm looking for. :P

With Trickster/Troublemaker kiths it feels to me they would naturally drift quicker than say kiths devoted to guarding things.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Funny, I recently added them as a Kith option to my collection of Islander Fae Kiths, which is currently up to 12.
              Last edited by Windthin; 05-20-2020, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Windthin View Post
                Funny, I recently added them as a Kith option to my collection of Islander Fae Kiths, which is currently up to 12.
                Some very nice stuff here and elsewhere on your site. You should probably look at getting a lot of it up on the Storytellers Vault.

Comment

Working...
                X