No announcement yet.

MET Changeling LARP corebook now live!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Changeling LARP corebook now live!

Into the Dreaming via LARPing!!!

boooooooooooooooy! that's what i'm talking about

Comment

any Reveiws?

Comment

I am very excited and glad this is out but $40 for a pdf is very steep in the asking price especially given how it looks like rules are still a bit hazy and rushed in certain places.

Comment

So i looked through the pdf, it's beautiful but some of the roles are a bit hazy, the inanimae were removed from being playable in the beta, there was no mention of the baku or lorelei, selkies aren't just a camp of pooka, nothing on customizing kiths or kith blessings anymore, there was a mention of actual Fomorians as antagonists which was pretty nifty, the Thallain are a bit.... God awful in my humble opinion, the arts seem neat but a bit weird in places, not really digging no chimerical death or reincarnation since that was a huge part of changeling and the whole reason for the changeling way even existing in the fist place.

I like the idea of where they were going with winter having come and the worlds of flesh and dreams becoming much more hostile to the fae but I do feel that this is an incomplete product in many places and needs an errata or an expansion or something to tweak and iron out some of the kinks in it.

Beautiful book, wouldn't say it's worth $39.99 but it's really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane_Dargason View Post
            So i looked through the pdf, it's beautiful but some of the roles are a bit hazy, the inanimae were removed from being playable in the beta, there was no mention of the baku or lorelei, selkies aren't just a camp of pooka, nothing on customizing kiths or kith blessings anymore, there was a mention of actual Fomorians as antagonists which was pretty nifty, the Thallain are a bit.... God awful in my humble opinion, the arts seem neat but a bit weird in places, not really digging no chimerical death or reincarnation since that was a huge part of changeling and the whole reason for the changeling way even existing in the fist place.

I like the idea of where they were going with winter having come and the worlds of flesh and dreams becoming much more hostile to the fae but I do feel that this is an incomplete product in many places and needs an errata or an expansion or something to tweak and iron out some of the kinks in it.

Beautiful book, wouldn't say it's worth $39.99 but it's really nice.

could you give a list brief summary of the arts?

Comment

Curious did they advance the metaplot? I know Mage MET did.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Yeah, it's set during the endless Winter. It doesn't entirely follow on from the Time of Judgment events since it says that Winter began at the turn of the millennium (which originally was the arrival of the Adhene, etc.). But basically Y2K hits, banality ravages the world, and has some fundamental mechanical effects on changelings like locking them into their primary legacy so they can't change courts easily anymore, and also it stops changelings from reincarnating, so dead is dead now. High King David mounts some expedition to the Deep Dreaming on some quest because of some vision of a solution or something, but dies (or is killed). Then Meilge reveals himself as head of the Shadow Court and reveals the Shadow Court has been stockpiling glamour for decades in anticipation of Winter. The Shadow Court philosophically welcome Winter as a necessary step to a new spring. They offer to share their resources and protect the kithain in exchange for fealty, which the populous accepts. I think that's most of the metaplot updates but I've mostly skimmed it so far. There are lots of references to the Fomorians awakening, possibly tying that to reincarnation stopping.

It also takes the opportunity to do like, it's own overhaul of the game system much as C20 did, with some headline changes. Seems like there are five seemings now (foundling, errant, wilder, eidolon, legend), which is basically a background that's also sort of like...reputation? It's a combined "you've been in changeling society for X amount of time and are Y level of respect" and it affects downtime actions and skill costs in addition to how much glamour and banality you have. Temporary banality is now called ennui. Permanent banality is just called banality.

Also, I happened to read the piskies write-up and WOW ARE THEY DIFFERENT. Piskies are now the human souls displaced by Sidhe. Well, any changeling that got to where they are by kicking out a human soul wholesale rather than by merging with them, but obviously that's mostly the sidhe. Which uh, given them an interesting perspective on fae and humans, and especially on the individual sidhe who stole their body. Which...is an interesting idea, honestly.

I'm not sure it's particularly where I, personally, would most want the metaplot to go? But it's definitely an interesting direction based on what I skim read.

Comment

Hmmm Very interesting!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
                  X