Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wod City of Angels with lots of fan kiths down.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wod City of Angels with lots of fan kiths down.

Wasn’t sure where else to ask. This site called World of Darkness City of Angels had a lot of fan kiths which is nice but the site’s down. Does anyone here know what happened to it?

No. But I will start looking for it.

You need to tell us about these treasures before they're lost.

Comment

Got it. It had a ton of them. I counted about 176 when I first noticed it which are spread out among the types of Fae like Hsein, Inanimae and Nunnehi. I really hope it isn’t down forever.

Comment

Its back!! It was just having updates after all! Sorry for bothering you all. I’ll leave a link to all the homebrew Kiths.
        http://wodcityofangels.com/page.php?148
        Apologies once more for the trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueMrMultiverse View Post
          Its back!! It was just having updates after all! Sorry for bothering you all. I’ll leave a link to all the homebrew Kiths.
          http://wodcityofangels.com/page.php?148
          Apologies once more for the trouble.
          Awesome! I've been a fan for awhile. Glad they are back.

“Humpty had always sat on walls, it was his way.”
          Jasper Fforde, The Big Over Easy

Comment

Thank you for the comments. We were down due to a MUCH needed site update; the site hadn't been updated in over a decade, and was starting to break with php updates, so I had to run it through upgrades and then work out a bunch of bugs and transfer a BOATLOAD of pages by hand.

I did take this opportunity to do some major re-organization of pages and the indexes.

PS: I loved the Jasper Fforde books. I see he FINALLY has a sequel to Shades of Grey coming out soon!
            Last edited by Windthin; 12-21-2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I see! Glad ya managed to update it, that website is a goldmine for me.

Comment

TrueMrMultiverse you should make a thread just to post links to the sites you like, or post them into your signature. That way you won't only help us and those sites, it will also be easier to find out when you run into similar situations.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
                #AutismPride
                She/her pronouns

Comment

Hmmmm, I'll try to do that. Thanks for the suggestion Monte.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueMrMultiverse View Post
                    I see! Glad ya managed to update it, that website is a goldmine for me.
                    Thanks, it was a HUGE undertaking. I didn't design the site, and all of the people who did for the most part are long gone; I inherited it. The site hadn't undergone an upgrade in over a decade, so there were all sorts of logistical nightmares and bugs to work out. Thankfully, the platform I use, e107, had some really dedicated volunteers who work to upgrade and patch and fix it, and they walked me through or directly handled a TON of stuff that helped bring it into the modern era. Even at that, I had to convert a few hundred pages one at a time and check for bad code, so it was a wild project. I am so very glad that is over with now.

Comment

Windthin a daunting task, congratulations on your patience and dedication.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
                      #AutismPride
                      She/her pronouns

Comment

Working...
                      X