Crystal Prison?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal Prison?

So, a question about crossovers: How would you rule The Power Crystal Prison from the Kryos Art regarding other supernatural creatures?
    I'm thinking of either giving the Vampire or Werewolf a Resist Test or make it so the character affected roll his Strength to break free of the Ice Prison as per Rego Aquam 2 (Prison of Water). What do you guys think is the best approach?

Something to remember about Vamps. Vampires have no body heat. The Crystal Prison could conceivably paralyze a Vampire by cold as well as simply pinning them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
      Something to remember about Vamps. Vampires have no body heat. The Crystal Prison could conceivably paralyze a Vampire by cold as well as simply pinning them down.
      But would you allow a roll to resist and a possible strength roll to break the ice? Also using blood to creating heat comes to mind.

Comment

I seem to have overlooked Kryos. Where do I find it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
          I seem to have overlooked Kryos. Where do I find it?
          i believe it only appeared as one of the arts of the Merfolk in Blood Dimmed Tide, but C20 drew on it for Winter among its four added Seasonal Arts

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

i believe it only appeared as one of the arts of the Merfolk in Blood Dimmed Tide, but C20 drew on it for Winter among its four added Seasonal Arts

In fact C20, as far as I know, only "recycled" the level 5. Crystal Prison, the power I'm mentioning, is the level 4 power of the Art. Kryos you find in Blood Dimmed Tides, pp. 77-80.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Meister View Post
              In fact C20, as far as I know, only "recycled" the level 5. Crystal Prison, the power I'm mentioning, is the level 4 power of the Art. Kryos you find in Blood Dimmed Tides, pp. 77-80.
              In C20 it became more powerful and versatile as the level 5 of Winter: Stasis.

Going by the original, I wouldn't give any such a roll, the same way it isn't allowed for the Changelings to begin with. It doesn't mean you can't break the ice once formed, though, successes in Crystal Prison determine thickness, but the ice is otherwise normal, so that's the reason why it gives no resisting roll: nothing in the victim prevents the Art from completion, but nothing in the Art prevents the victim from breaking or melting the ice.

But I would recommend to use Winter instead of Kryos, as it is basically Kryos improved. In that case Stasis is more powerful but does give a resisting roll for supernaturals at the cost of 1 WP, you roll Stamina Dif 9 (it is still quite hard, but hey, it is level 5 now, and won't kill).

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
              #AutismPride
              She/her pronouns

Comment

Working...
              X