Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of Changeling the Dreaming questions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of Changeling the Dreaming questions.

I'm a longtime fan of C:tD but I'll admit my well of reference isn't as deep as it could be. As such, I have a couple questions for the better-versed.

Are there any Changeling Arts that deal with the manipulation of dreams in a similar manner to Phantasm in Wraith?

Is it possible to use Arts (with the appropriate Realm) to effect an item made of cold iron?

The closest Art to Phantasm is Oneiromancy, from Denizens of the Dreaming, which allows basic dream-sending (as in a two-word concept that gets translated into a dream), seeing a target's dream, bringing shadows of a target's dream into reality, entering a target's dream and defining its overall nature, and turning a target into a living dream.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Marin has you covered on the Art question. It's always struck me as strange that creatures made of dream stuff native to the Dreaming have so little ability to manipulate dreams. There are some vague references in a couple of books about changelings being able to enter a mortal's dream from the Dreaming, but there's no mechanics or details about it.

As for using magic on cold iron, many nockers have tried, but all have failed. There is even a story, I forget in which book, about a nocker trying to take some cold iron into the Dreaming to purge it of its banal properties. It caused massive amounts of destruction on both Earth and in the Dreaming.

Charlie Cantrell
      Onyx Path Freelancer
      Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post
        Marin has you covered on the Art question. It's always struck me as strange that creatures made of dream stuff native to the Dreaming have so little ability to manipulate dreams. There are some vague references in a couple of books about changelings being able to enter a mortal's dream from the Dreaming, but there's no mechanics or details about it.

As for using magic on cold iron, many nockers have tried, but all have failed. There is even a story, I forget in which book, about a nocker trying to take some cold iron into the Dreaming to purge it of its banal properties. It caused massive amounts of destruction on both Earth and in the Dreaming.
        I concur. For some reason i always thought Dreamcraft let you do it, but I went back to re-read it and discovered that I was mistaken. If I can track down text for Oneiromancy that might be the solution I need.

So to clarify: any and all attempts to use a Cantrip directly upon an item of cold iron will automatically fail?

Comment

...There are some vague references in a couple of books about changelings being able to enter a mortal's dream from the Dreaming, but there's no mechanics or details about it.
          Apologies for the necromancy, but there ARE mechanics for this (called "Dream Riding") in "Dreams and Nightmares", near the back.

Comment

There is even a story, I forget in which book, about a nocker trying to take some cold iron into the Dreaming to purge it of its banal properties. It caused massive amounts of destruction on both Earth and in the Dreaming.

Dreams & Nightmares.

Comment

It was an Dauntain who tried to get a cold iron crowbar into the Dreaming. He succeeded, which vaporized a dozen freeholds and most of the Dreaming around Versailles. The crowbar was violently ejected from the Dreaming, and the culprit has yet to reincarnate

Comment

Working...
              X