Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Split Concordia! an idea for a Campaign.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the WoD it's cannon that physical and spiritual are intertwined. That said, the effect is more physical in its effects.

Yes, major groups from every faction are furious and bitter. Vengeance and or control of both Americas is passionately sought.

Thank you for the compliment.

By the way. The better option has graciously decided to be America B. As much to tick off the others as anything else.
    Last edited by Astromancer; 02-08-2018, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Mages aren't always nice, whether they're in a Tradition or not. I think you'd see some big splits along those lines. Also more than a bit of "What do you mean we cracked a continent in two and I still have to wait my turn? My people have been waiting their turn since the Rennaisance when the Technocracy started pulling ahead!" (or whenever that was, I forget). Basically every faction will want their pet reality to become pre-eminent. Not all commoner Changelings would agree about who should tke the place of the Sidhe or whether anyone should. You clearly have a void, an empty place someone can step into and play the darker side in America B. The real world building question becomes who does it and how much will they be willing to work with the rest of the world?

In America A, it sounds like you've summed up my thoughts on it: it would be a mess and there would be a truly ridiculous amount of squabbling. Because fights are one of the few distractions that can make you forget problems you can't do anything about.

Really the mortals would be the most important faction though. The one thing none of the supernaturals can deal with is a stampeding herd of mortals with a firm grasp of what they want. Mortals panicking or being happy would have a lot more impact on everyone than whether some random circle of elder blood-suckers was in a tizzy or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanir View Post
        Mages aren't always nice, whether they're in a Tradition or not. I think you'd see some big splits along those lines. Also more than a bit of "What do you mean we cracked a continent in two and I still have to wait my turn? My people have been waiting their turn since the Rennaisance when the Technocracy started pulling ahead!" (or whenever that was, I forget). Basically every faction will want their pet reality to become pre-eminent. Not all commoner Changelings would agree about who should tke the place of the Sidhe or whether anyone should. You clearly have a void, an empty place someone can step into and play the darker side in America B. The real world building question becomes who does it and how much will they be willing to work with the rest of the world?

In America A, it sounds like you've summed up my thoughts on it: it would be a mess and there would be a truly ridiculous amount of squabbling. Because fights are one of the few distractions that can make you forget problems you can't do anything about.

Really the mortals would be the most important faction though. The one thing none of the supernaturals can deal with is a stampeding herd of mortals with a firm grasp of what they want. Mortals panicking or being happy would have a lot more impact on everyone than whether some random circle of elder blood-suckers was in a tizzy or not.
        Supernaturals realizing that mortals count and can force their will on the supernatural communities would be one of the main charms of the setting.

Comment

The Hermetics have come up with a plan to loosen the paradigm gently so as to prevent harm to mortals and to spread the influence of the changes beyond America. Basically three trads will loosen the paradigm where its already more flexible. The Etherians and the Adepts will tackle the tech front introducing new tech that challenges the paradigm and bring wonder, hope, and excitement. Meanwhile the Akashics will use their skills to challenge the paradigm on the mind body front. Meanwhile the Hermetics will work to bring psionics back into acedemic respectability.

Some others in the trads don't like staying in what they see as a basically technomantic paradigm, however they understand chaos as a greater threat both to themselves and the sleepers. The Hermetic plan is more tolerated than loved outside of those trads directly involved. The Cult of Ecstasy being the main exception because they always favor being careful with the minds and lives of sleepers, inspite of appearances to the contrary.

But since the paradigm is getting loosened the others are patient for now.
          Last edited by Astromancer; 02-10-2018, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X