Changeling Question How difficult is it to bring down House Balor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changeling Question How difficult is it to bring down House Balor

Was reading something from the houses book...House Balor has pretty Grand plans for Enslaving or exterminating all other Sidhe, any ideas on how something could go wrong with those plans?

That they are a bunch of weak willed(Wp cap) types with a not insignficant number with mental deformities who are playing a game in against 12 other groups which include those who have supernatural skill at Lying, at reading the truth, at grasping patterns, at Seduction and so on and so forth. That is to say they have no tools to actually succeed and alot of flaws

Comment

A conspiracy is like a chain: strong as its weaker link

If there is a Balor Sidhe, somewhere, that for every reason betray the house, telling all to the nobles of another house (Scatach, Fiona... hell, maybe even Gwydion, Liam or Alin), the Balor are as well as doomed

====================================
      "Worst English-language User" 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 running for the 2017
      [Unofficial Clanbook] Nagaraja: the Masquerade

Comment

oh if that guy... Lugh of the long arm manages to return, without them catching it, any idea how thoroughly he could screw them over?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
          oh if that guy... Lugh of the long arm manages to return, without them catching it, any idea how thoroughly he could screw them over?
          Like only a Fomorian could^^
          Last edited by Ryoga84; 12-03-2015, 09:48 PM.

====================================
          "Worst English-language User" 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 running for the 2017
          [Unofficial Clanbook] Nagaraja: the Masquerade

Comment

oh curious another detail on house balor, how well do they work as antaganists in a Crossover game with WTA on the surface they seem very vulnerable to the claws of the garou.

Think they'd feel comfortable working on a first team?

Comment

I think it depends on how define Banality. If you (or your ST) imagine the corporate/industrial avatar of comsos-destroying evil as low-Banality, then I imagine a motley of Balor knights having a merry ol’ time acting as some highly-paid paramilitary muscle for a manifestation of Winter. At least as far as the Fluff is concerned.
              I think a direct crossover with CtD and WtA would be extremely one-sided. Now, an indirect crossover (i.e., one game taking precedence and the other game acting as a source of inspiration), I could see the basic concept work out.
              Is this a WtA game with some CtD-inspired bits?
              Or is it a CtD game with some WtA bits?

This is what happens when an Abyssal Exalted ends up in H.o.L.
              (Also known as "Derpwraith" and "PretentiousFontsGuy
              ").

Comment

mostly WTA I admit. just saw that first teams have formori, psychics, dancers, vampires, so wondered about Changelings, why not.

Comment

Toe to toe, a changeling probably isn't going to fare well as a physical antagonist for a werewolf. There are things you can do to bring them closer to parity, but a werewolf is pretty much always going to be physically superior. A changeling would probably work better as a behind the scenes antagonist - inspiring others to horrific acts in order to gain glamour and not remembered by anyone thanks to glamour and the mists.

Charlie Cantrell
                  Onyx Path Freelancer
                  Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

Hmmmn what arts can a thallain ogre or redcap take To that end?

Comment

For physical combat, Calling the Wyrd, Dragon's Ire, Quicksilver, and Primal are a changeling's best friends. The first two are innate abilities for all changelings. Quicksilver is in the Wayfare art, and Primal is probably the best all round art for combat. Discord was designed as the art of combat, but I don't think it matches Quicksilver + Primal.

Chicanery is a changeling's best bet for being a behind the scenes manipulator. It can be supplemented by Soothsay or Legerdemain, depending on what sorts of things the changeling is up to.

And of course, to target werewolves directly with its magic, the changeling will need at least the fifth dot of the Actor realm.

All of this is assuming you're using 2E. The arts and realms are getting a bit of a shake up in C20.

Charlie Cantrell
                      Onyx Path Freelancer
                      Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

asked someone else but will ask here since I trust you a lot Pooka... Think im better using Changeling or Fae dark ages for making Balor Antaganist for my White howler game?

Comment

Personally speaking, if I were making antagonists for a WtA game, I think I'd heavily use the fluff of House Balor but use WtA crunch. For a generic House Balor template, I might go with something like:
                          Gnosis: 8
                          Rage: 5
                          Willpower: 3
                          Powers: One (or more) Fomori powers, Shadow Lord Gifts, Black Spiral Dancer Gifts, and maybe some Wyrmish Rites (if you're so inclined).

[YYMV]

This is what happens when an Abyssal Exalted ends up in H.o.L.
                          (Also known as "Derpwraith" and "PretentiousFontsGuy
                          ").

Comment

Let them roll for Dragon's Ire and soak aggravated damage (everyone used to let them anyway), and they'd make a decent match for the Garou. With Primal and Wayfare they can heal, cause damage and take multiple actions (if they have enough dots). The Sidhe Birthright also prevents people attacking them when impassioned without a Willpower roll (difficulty 6-9, based on Title). And Gifts that would make them look 'foolish' automatically fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                              asked someone else but will ask here since I TRUST YOU A LOT POOKA... Think im better using Changeling or Fae dark ages for making Balor Antaganist for my White howler game?
                              Emphasis mine in caps in the quote.
                              Not contributing to the topic of conversation. I just got a kick from the apparent irony in the emphasized section. Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X