Are Kinain Fae gifts too powerful?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Kinain Fae gifts too powerful?

they certainly seem so given the EXTREME effort a kinfolk has to go to to learn ANY gifts at all, or such...

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    they certainly seem so given the EXTREME effort a kinfolk has to go to to learn ANY gifts at all, or such...
    Not really. Few kinain can get many fae gifts. The total number is limited by their Fae Blood rating, IIRC. Which means many of them have just a couple of weak cantrips, if that. They also have to buy the right Realms too, and they can't use Musing or Ravaging to replenish their Glamour.

Comment

To be fair, Changelinges can't really get much Glamour that way, either; the mechanics for them were painfully stingy.

Comment

Hopefully that'll change in C20! Inanimae get to meditate in their element to regain Glamour. Changelings should be able to do something similar.

Comment

on the flip side, should ordinary enchanted mortals, be able to learn cantrips?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
            on the flip side, should ordinary enchanted mortals, be able to learn cantrips?
            No. They don't have a Glamour rating.

Comment

Actually, Dreams & Nightmares indicates Mages can learn Arts.

Comment

Originally posted by KokoroWatari View Post
                Actually, Dreams & Nightmares indicates Mages can learn Arts.
                That wasn't my reading of the text. As I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong), a mage in the Dreaming can only get his magick to work reliably if he makes it look like a cantrip (mimicking Arts, Realms and Bunks). But that doesn't mean he actually learns those Arts--he's just emulating them.

Comment

know i m necroing an old thread but was just thinking 2 things on this issue.
                  1 Im designing a kinain NPC and could use some help picking out Fae gifts, and deciding how much on arts and such she has shes a CPS worker.

also am wondering what will happen to a kinain with h-da-shealladh, had to copy and paste it, since they CONSTANTLY see Impossible things the mist tries to blur... wonder what that does to their mind.

Comment

How much fae blood does she have? Which kith? Our kinain with an-da-sheallah uses a cane to test what's chimerical and what's not when she's not enchanted.

Comment

The kinain im designing in my game is a boggan kinain whos working with social services trying to act as an agent and friend to Lost Boys.

problem is, her banality has been going up so much that she barely remembers WHY she works there now, except when shes enchanted.

Ive decided she has 4 dots Fae blood and has a young bakers apprentice as a nephew.

currently, her aforementioned nephews come to the attention of a (PC) Ailil because of his resentment at being given tasks better handled by enchanted mortals.

Thinking on soothsay since the ability to look at peoples Dans would be useful when you investigate child abuse cases.

thought about primal since shes boggan kin but doubt shed have much opportunity to use it.

not thinking SHE would have an-da-sheallah

ideas?

Comment

Working...
                      X