Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Information on German Kith from Trolle, Träume, Tiefe Wälder?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Information on German Kith from Trolle, Träume, Tiefe Wälder?

Hey guys!

I've been looking for years but have never even seen a copy of the German book. I'm so excited that we'll finally be getting write-ups of the kith in the 20th Anniversary book!

But I was wondering, does anyone know anything about them at all? Like, how many kiths were in the book? Do we have broad descriptions? Do we know what type of birthrights and frailties they had? Any information welcome!

becca.

The little I managed to pick up came from a German fan who was going on memory without access to the book. He remembered there being at least two kith: the Wolpertinger, the originals for the Jackalope, and the Wichtel, kinda-sorta fae dwarves linked to the original conception of wights, before wights got their association with the undead.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Awesome thank you! I'm definitely interested in the Witchel since I have no idea what on earth the original wights could have been before they had an association with the undead... Perhaps I should do some research!

Comment

Originally posted by beccatoria View Post
        Awesome thank you! I'm definitely interested in the Witchel since I have no idea what on earth the original wights could have been before they had an association with the undead... Perhaps I should do some research!
        Elusive house spirits, essentially, from a look at Wikipedia (I'd wondered, too). That might seem to overlap with boggans, but I presume the writers felt it was worth making them distinct.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Let me flip thru the book...

Intro (p.1-6): "Einleitung"
          Chapter 1 (p.7-24): "Das Land im Blickpunkt"
          Chapter 2 (p.25-44): "Es war einmal"
          Chapter 3 (p.45-52): "Die andere Seite"
          Chapter 4 (p.53-70): "Die Hohe Politik"
          Chapter 5 (p.71-83): "Schatten des Zerfalls"
          Appendix 1 (p.84-85): "Changelings zu Wechselbälgern"
          Appendix 2 (p.86-87): "Die Kithain von Thüringen"

Chapter 1 deals with the Kithain society in Germany. 15 regions and how the German Kithain are different from the Concordian.
          Just a few lines about the Gallains "Wolpertinger" and "Wichtel" - that fits on one page!

Chapter 2 is about German myths and fairy tale: 8 examples

In Chapter 3 you get some informations about the other WoD creatures: Vampires, werewolf and mortal (hunters).

More details about the who's who of the German Kithain society you'll find in Chapter 4.

Chapter 5 is a 5-scene-adventure

Comment

Oooh, cool, thank you so much for the more detailed breakdown! I had no idea that there was an adventure included in this book - even more of a shame it was never translated.

If it's not an inconvenience, what kind of birthrights and frailties to the Wolpertinger and Witchel have? I'm imagining the Wolpertinger being some sort of shape-changers if they're related to the Jackalope, so perhaps something similar to the Pooka?

No worries if you don't have time to looke, though, great information here already.

Comment

I'm sorry, but there are really just a few lines. And those a almost fluff.
              Wolpertinger got a few stats and some kind of "birthright" that allows the manipulation of vegetation. No crunch about the Wichtel.

I hope OPP will add some stuff otherwise a simple translation will be disappointing for the backers.

Comment

Oh, wow, interesting, I had no idea there was no official crunch in the German book for the kiths - I always kinda assumed there must be. But that's super interesting to find out. I'm sure that they will add the actual crunch for C20 though. I mean, they're redoing a lot and they put them in there along with the French kiths, which do have crunch, so it'd be a bit strange not to.

I wish they'd put it up for print on demand, but I suppose the demand part of that would be tiny and I think I remember them saying they didn't have original scans or something (though I could be thinking of the cantrip cards...)

Comment

I don't know if I'd call their write-up in the German book kiths. They're listed as Gallain, but their write-ups read much closer to chimera, especially the wolpertinger. They're gonna be Kithain now though!

Originally posted by marin View Post
                  the Wichtel, kinda-sorta fae dwarves linked to the original conception of wights, before wights got their association with the undead.
                  Just so no one gets too disappointed, the wichtel write-up in the German book makes no mention of wights or the undead, at least in the translation I've seen. I doubt anything about that will be in their kith description.

Charlie Cantrell
                  Onyx Path Freelancer
                  Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

Working...
                  X