Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Freeholds be themed as anything but Feudal estates?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think at one point there were plans for an Atlas of Concordia (back in the late 90s), but I never heard why it never came about. Such a thing would be kind of cool now, especially if it looked at a lot of the cities that'd already had books and so never would've had a Changeling sourcebook. Chicago, New York, LA, New Orleans, DC, Atlanta and Montreal. Plus places like Miami, Denver, Austin, Memphis, Toronto and others.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

City books just don’t sell well, and Changeling didn’t sell as well as most of the other World of Darkness games back in the day. The combination of the two probably doomed that project.

Charlie Cantrell
      Onyx Path Freelancer
      Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds, Guide to the Night, C20 Players Guide

Comment

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post
        City books just don’t sell well, and Changeling didn’t sell as well as most of the other World of Darkness games back in the day. The combination of the two probably doomed that project.

How well did Rage across the world sell? I'd love to see something like that and ti was fairly recent.

Comment

I know city books didn't sell well, but I was hoping that didn't mean Region Books didn't sell well. I would love an Atlas Concordia book! And have it kickstart a Global book series.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post
            From what little I remember ever hearing about it was that it was, supposedly, going to be a chapter on each of the Kingdoms (Apples, Willows, Grass, etc.), what each of their Duchies were, some of the more important NPCs and plot hooks, and some other odds and ends, plus a look at the Parliament of Dreams. At least that's my decades old memories of it.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

I'm currently pondering the idea of a great mystic forge and armory in Pittsburgh (possibly Commoner independents, possibly not) that draws as much on the legend of Joe Magarac as it does on the likes of Weyland, Goibniu, Vulcan and such. Probably a population that is roughly 50% Nocker, 30% Troll and 20% Boggin. (The oldest Troll is probably missing an eye and is originally of Greek extraction.)

Also, regarding theme parks, Seph Lawless's phono-book Abandoned: Hauntingly Beautiful Deserted Theme Parks is exactly as it describes itself, and strikingly symbolic of the bittersweet whimsey that Changeling can evoke at times.
              Last edited by No One of Consequence; 04-22-2018, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X