The Black Fomorian Dream.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Black Fomorian Dream.

When it comes to the Fomorians, there is details about what each Court represents, what sort of Dreaming (Nightmare?) might result from their victory over the forces of Arcadia. White is treacherous, deceitful, and inhuman, Red is violent, bloody, and insane, and Green is alien, inscrutable, and enigmatic.

But there is posited another dream. One paragraph is all I have found about it, but the Black Court of Fomorians is described to exist. It claims that they may represent the combined force of all three of the other courts, but that they never existed during the War of Trees. So.... when did they come together to form this group? Or do they exist separate?

If the Black Court is separate, then what do theyou represent? What "Dream" do they espouse? Has anyone used them, and if so, how?

I don't remember that. Do you know what book and page number talks about the Black Court?

Charlie Cantrell
    Onyx Path Freelancer
    Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post
      I don't remember that. Do you know what book and page number talks about the Black Court?
      Denizens of the Dreaming, page 88: "There are also legends of a fourth group, the Black Court, though (if it ever existed) it did not manifest itself during the Tessarakonta. Some believe that the Black Court is an amalgamation of the other three courts and will only appear at the first true evening of the Evernight."

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Thank you! Somehow I missed that line.

Charlie Cantrell
        Onyx Path Freelancer
        Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

There was Emerald Dream. Also, one book suggested that balor was the leader of fire court. What is fire court?

Comment

I always assumed it was the ruling court of the Fomorians that would present itself should the Evernight arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post

Denizens of the Dreaming, page 88: "There are also legends of a fourth group, the Black Court, though (if it ever existed) it did not manifest itself during the Tessarakonta. Some believe that the Black Court is an amalgamation of the other three courts and will only appear at the first true evening of the Evernight."

The Black Court also has a throwaway mention in one paragraph in "Dreams and Nightmares" but I can't recall the pg#... I'll find it tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by KokoroWatari View Post
                There was Emerald Dream. Also, one book suggested that balor was the leader of fire court. What is fire court?
                The Fire Court is another name for the Red Court.

Comment

I remember reading about the Black Court as well. I never did anything with them though, but I did tie them to death thematically as Black Trods of Balor lead into the Underworld

"May you live in interesting times"

Storyteller of The Hakura Chronicle

Comment

Are the Formorian are the Formori form Werewolf?

Onyx Path Kickstarters I back.
                    W20, MtC, CB20, DtD, MtAs20, BotW20, Wraith 20th.

Comment

Originally posted by PaladinDemo View Post
                      Are the Formorian are the Formori form Werewolf?
                      No.

(Unless you want them to be in your game, although that would be seriously anticlimactic for changelings when they discover the primordial rulers of the world imprisoned for all eternity turn out to be some dude who's possessed and is simple cannon fodder for werewolves)

Charlie Cantrell
                      Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

What's the difference then?

Onyx Path Kickstarters I back.
                        W20, MtC, CB20, DtD, MtAs20, BotW20, Wraith 20th.

Comment

The Fomorians are the ancient primordial rulers of the world with immeasurable power imprisoned for all eternity by the Tuatha de Daanan. Fomori are some random dudes possessed by a minor spirit and easily torn to shreds by werewolves.

Charlie Cantrell
                          Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post
                            The Fomorians are the ancient primordial rulers of the world with immeasurable power imprisoned for all eternity by the Tuatha de Daanan. Fomori are some random dudes possessed by a minor spirit and easily torn to shreds by werewolves.

Just putting out there how similar a Changeling is to a Drone, Kami, Gorgon, Formori but of the Dreaming from a werewolf perspective. If one wanted to point out some connection the possessed don't have to be by "minor" spirits. So a Changeling balor might have been a true force to be reckoned with and thus why the werewolves call anything remotely close to him.. Formori.

Comment

Admittedly, there was a bit of snark in my response. I actually enjoy Werewolf: The Apocalypse quite a bit; I'm just sick of the Fomorian/Fomori question that feels like comes up in every single thread where the Fomorians are mentioned.

Charlie Cantrell
                              Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

Working...
                              X