How do mundanes interpret soveregn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do mundanes interpret soveregn

When a Mundanes given a command via soveregn , especialy when its markedly uncharachteristic for them to follow it, like a teacher or parent being given a dictate via dictum, or a Police officer being commanded not to bother a suspect.

Or a Geas (Also interested if theirs any WTA fans here, in the philodex gift)

how do you think a mundane would interpret it when they remembered it the obsessive need to finish a task and a certainty DOOM would come if they failed in it.

I've usually read it as creating a cognitive dissonance that they're probably going to find a way to justify in the absence of any other explanation. At least at first. Repeated uses of Sovereign are going to lead to unusual patterns of behavior that may lead them to seek either treatment or answers. It behooves one to be cautious and ethical with their Arts.

Comment

what kind of justifications do you think they could come up with, "The girl made herself seem, uh really, really really imposing"

Comment

I mean in terms of rationalizing it as something they would have done anyway, particularly as the mists muddy their memory of surrounding events.

Comment

A police officer just ignoring a suspect, or a parent ignoring the fact their kid hangs out after curfew?

Someone ordered to just give someone their tablet or wallet.

All of those ARE extreme cases I know.

autumn people whos banality is penetrated by the cantrip will probaly be driven CRAZY.
          Last edited by Prince of the Night; 06-01-2016, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
            A police officer just ignoring a suspect, or a parent ignoring the fact their kid hangs out after curfew?

Someone ordered to just give someone their tablet or wallet.

All of those ARE extreme cases I know.

autumn people whos banality is penetrated by the cantrip will probaly be driven CRAZY.
            You're assuming that they remember these things? The Mists cover the tracks of overt magic. Where the magic is more subtle, the targets will believe the decision was their own. 'Well he didn't look like a suspect to me.' 'Another hour of play? I suppose it won't hurt.'

People make bad decisions every day without being very self-aware. Why should magic be an exception?

Comment

Like I said, it depends on how much you abuse Sovereign. If you're just nudging someone to do something they only really needed encouragement to do then it's going to take a while for the dissonance to build up. Compelling people to do this diametrically opposed to their character is going to start piling it up faster. The greater the level and amount of dissonance the more likely it is they'll start to question their own mental state or begin to consider the potential of an outside agency acting upon them.

Comment

Working...
              X