Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changelings & Sorcery

Hello fair folk,

I would like to know your ideas about the sorcery and changelings. Are changelings capable of doing sorcery, are there any connections between sorcery and arts? Realm system makes changeling magic much more dynamic then sorcery, but arts are just as static as sorcery without realms.

What is your opinion?

I eventually learned to embrace pretty much everybody can do sorcery with a few exceptions, like vampires naturally translate it to their blood and soul point of view. But for instance allowing ghosts to learn sorcery all of a sudden secrets are awesome and the Library of Alexandria is a true treasure.

but I view Arts and Realms as a type of magic tapping into a force of the Universe, magic of Archetypes channeled through Dreaming and whimsy. Sorcery seems to tap into inherent qualities like a form of practical physics that require will. I don't have a particular problem with them learning sorcery, its certainly one of the noggin crunching arguments. Like for instance Demons I would have they can't use sorcery because Lore is more a potent form of willful physics.

I don't know its complex.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
      I eventually learned to embrace pretty much everybody can do sorcery with a few exceptions, like vampires naturally translate it to their blood and soul point of view. But for instance allowing ghosts to learn sorcery all of a sudden secrets are awesome and the Library of Alexandria is a true treasure.

but I view Arts and Realms as a type of magic tapping into a force of the Universe, magic of Archetypes channeled through Dreaming and whimsy. Sorcery seems to tap into inherent qualities like a form of practical physics that require will. I don't have a particular problem with them learning sorcery, its certainly one of the noggin crunching arguments. Like for instance Demons I would have they can't use sorcery because Lore is more a potent form of willful physics.

I don't know its complex.
      Well, I think just like you. As paradigms are banal, dreaming the only true form of the magic. Since as time passes mage's are leave behind their paradigms (like support wheels), they start the use same kind of magic. However, I think after some point they do the magic without a channel like Dreaming.

Comment

Games that I have played in are generally of the opinion that a full Changeling cannot learn sorcery, but a Kinain can.

Comment

Working...
        X