Chimerical Sound?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chimerical Sound?

Here's an odd question. Do Chimera make sounds? If they do, like a musical instrument or the clank of armor, is that sound only perceptible Chimerically?

Yes. If a Chimerical dragon roars in the distance, it can only be heard by those that can hear the Dreaming. It's pretty much like asking if your dreams have sound.
    Of course, how may this interact with the dual reality in which Changelings live it's interesting. I'm not so sure about that.

Comment

I would like to take this opportunity and ask: without the Rede Wyrd can a chimera interact with the real world? For example, a chimerical beast without this rede could be stopped by a real door?

Comment

Originally posted by Neon.Sidhe View Post
        I would like to take this opportunity and ask: without the Rede Wyrd can a chimera interact with the real world? For example, a chimerical beast without this rede could be stopped by a real door?
        It's the same, I think, as any spirit. I.e., they can become incorporeal and pass through the door, but the door is real to them. However, the fluff is a bit vague on whether chimerae are spirits in the usual sense, because it might just be that they only react to the chimerical world. In which case, the chimerical reflection of the door might get destroyed by the chimera, for example, despite the real world door remaining as it was. But I'm inclined to go with the model we have for other spirits, as it makes the most sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon.Sidhe View Post

According to the Corebook chimera can interact with real world objects such as doors as long as no mortals are looking.
          Last edited by Sinister Spider; 08-10-2016, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Which could start making mortals feel really weird when things move after they leave the room (not a bad idea of how to freak out vampires or werewolves too).

Comment

Working...
            X