Whats it like to change Courts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats it like to change Courts?

This is an important question, especialy when its temporary, read, an Ailil Basking in Triumph, a young Sidhe whos been stressed out, or "The Descent" at Samhain.

Advise to people on how to RP his suddenly dominant legacy, especialy if you find you didnt think as much as you should have about your Repressed legacy when picking it out in the first place.

Anything im forgetting or that I should take care to remember?

I have an answer for this one, but it was part of one of my sections in C20. I don't think Matt would like me to share that just yet

Charlie Cantrell
    Onyx Path Freelancer
    Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

So what are you doing? Just teasing me?

Comment

Trying to have a little fun and share my excitement.

Charlie Cantrell
        Onyx Path Freelancer
        Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

It's been a long time since I played a Changeling who changed court (with Cyclical Court Change), but one thing that helped me was picking complimentary Legacies. Both his Seelie and Unseelie aspects were basically riffing on the same general theme, in this case Sage and Humbug. He was an experienced Grump who had seen a lot, with the main difference being whether that made him worldly or world-weary, as well as how much patience he had with the younger Changelings in the court.

Comment

yes its an easy thing to do, My Ailil childling had Ringleader/Dandy, yet legacys that DONT compliment each other that well can be worth exploring in their interplay

Like Ring Leader and Squire.

Ring leader WANTS to be in the lime light, squire doesnt

Not sure how to play that other then going crazy.

or Regent and Wretch

Really no idea how to play that.
            Last edited by Prince of the Night; 06-26-2016, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Ring Leader and Squire aren't so strange a combination really. Being the center of attention has a lot of pros and cons, which people can desire for different reasons and may desire to wildly varying degrees depending on the circumstance and their own disposition. Even a Squire wants to be recognized now and again, and even a Ringleader needs their moments of privacy.

Comment

ideas on Regent and Wretch?

I know that it may not seem to matter since their suppressed legacy is, well suppressed, but it still influences their personality.

A regent/Wretch, might be a leader who underneath it all fears he can never be good enough, or a miserable figure with a deeply hidden backbone, wanting to assume a position of authority.

Comment

Sure, any of those work. You can make any combination of Legacies function if you just take the time to think it through.

Comment

Working...
                  X