110 kith options?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 110 kith options?

Wow! I'm just stating my excitement here. I know there were upwards of 30 kiths in canon already, so I'm thrilled to see that we'll get 110 'kith options' (which, I assume, includes Thallain versions of most of the kiths we've already seen, plus some options for customising kiths).

Will we get a sneak preview of any new kiths?

There are currently 65 kiths in the English books already (16 Kithain, of which the oba are an eshu variant and the river hags a redcap variant, 8 Thallain, 14 Nunnehi, 4 Menehune, 10 Hsien, 7 Adhene, 6 Inanimae.) We're getting 4 more Kithain from the foreign-language books. Add... let's say 10 more Thallain, to ensure there's a Thallain for each Kithain. That makes 79.

Even at that projected maximum, that's still 31 kiths over.

I can't help but wonder if we're going to see the changelings of areas the original run didn't really cover - Africa, India, Australia, and South America.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post
      There are currently 65 kiths in the English books already (16 Kithain, of which the oba are an eshu variant and the river hags a redcap variant, 8 Thallain, 14 Nunnehi, 4 Menehune, 10 Hsien, 7 Adhene, 6 Inanimae.) We're getting 4 more Kithain from the foreign-language books. Add... let's say 10 more Thallain, to ensure there's a Thallain for each Kithain. That makes 79.

Even at that projected maximum, that's still 31 kiths over.

I can't help but wonder if we're going to see the changelings of areas the original run didn't really cover - Africa, India, Australia, and South America.
      It's rather a lot, isn't it? Although 'kith options', rather than just 'kiths', suggests to me that at least some of these kiths will be variants of the existing kiths. For example, autumn and Arcadian sidhe, and localised offshoots of the major kiths (I'd like to see, say, Caribbean variants of the eshu, for example). And I wonder if there were ever Middle Eastern kiths planned for Keys to the Kingdom that have made it into the game.

Comment

Kith options is probably a catch all term for things that aren't really kiths like the hsien "kiths" and the kith variants like river hags

The 110 number is almost entirely stuff from previous books. There a few new ones though. I'm pretty proud of how the European kiths turned out

Charlie Cantrell
        Onyx Path Freelancer
        Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

marin, may we add the 6 Dauntain and the 4 Merfolk (from Blood-Dimmed Tides) to your total, making 89? Also, you're counting one more Thallain than I. My reference is http://jhardhel.neocities.org/refkith.htm, and I have Beastie, Boggart, Bogie, Goblin, Murdhacha, Ogre, and Spriggan - who'd I miss?

Comment

Would houses Count as "Kith options"? That counts as 13-14 flavours of variant for each kith.

Comment

Nope, Matt said the houses don't count to the 110!

Charlie Cantrell
              Onyx Path Freelancer
              Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

Originally posted by Jhardhel View Post
                marin, may we add the 6 Dauntain and the 4 Merfolk (from Blood-Dimmed Tides) to your total, making 89?
                I counted two Mer from Blood-Dimmed Tides in my original total, one as Kithain, one as Thallain (possibly need to separate them out). Are you counting the three Mer Houses as distinct?

Didn't count the Dauntain, and have absolutely no idea whether Matt and co are counting them.

Also, you're counting one more Thallain than I. My reference is http://jhardhel.neocities.org/refkith.htm, and I have Beastie, Boggart, Bogie, Goblin, Murdhacha, Ogre, and Spriggan - who'd I miss?
                The Aithu, the Eshu Thallain from their Kithbook.

Comment

I'm expecting we will get variants like Riverhags for a lot of the Kiths. Like take a dot from Sidhe Appearance and add it to something plant themed for flower nymph type beings.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

For reference, my original list and sources:

Kithain:
                    boggans, eshu, nockers, pooka, redcaps, satyrs, sidhe, sluagh, trolls (corebooks)
                    selkies (Immortal Eyes: The Toybox)
                    clurichauns (Immortal Eyes: Court of All Kings)
                    ghille dhu (Isle of the Mighty)
                    merfolk (Blood-Dimmed Tides)
                    piskies (The Fool's Luck)
                    river hags (Kithbook: Redcap)
                    oba (Kithbook: Eshu)

Thallain:
                    beasties, boggarts, bogies, goblins, ogres (Shadow Court)
                    murdhuacha (Blood-Dimmed Tides)
                    spriggans (The Fool's Luck)
                    aithu (Kithbook: Eshu)

Menehune:
                    ali'i, kahuna, hana, kokua (Immortal Eyes: Shadows on the Hill)

Nunnehi:
                    canotili, inuas, kachinas, may-may-gway-shi, nanehi, numuzo'ho, pu'gwis, rock giants, surems, tunghat, water babies, yunwi amai'yine'hi, yunwi tsundi (Players' Guide)
                    thought-crafters (Kingdom of Willows)

Hsien:
                    fu hsi, hanumen, heng po, nyan, tanuki, chu-ih-yu, chu jung, hou-chi, komuko, suijen (Land of Eight Million Dreams)

Inanimae:
                    glomes, kubera, mannikins, ondines, parosemes, solimonds (Inanimae)

Adhene:
                    acheri, aonides, fir-bholg, fuath, keremet, moirae, naraka (Denizens of the Dreaming)

Foreign-language books:
                    korred, morganed (WoD: France)
                    wichtel, wolpertinger (Gallain in Trolle, Träumer, tiefe Wälder; Kithain in C20)

One I forgot was the Concordian sidhe getting added in C20, who may be based off of the Autumn Scathach in Book of Lost Houses.
                    Last edited by marin; 07-04-2016, 05:44 AM. Reason: Corrected C20's new sidhe type.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhardhel View Post
                      marin, may we add the 6 Dauntain and the 4 Merfolk (from Blood-Dimmed Tides) to your total, making 89? Also, you're counting one more Thallain than I. My reference is http://jhardhel.neocities.org/refkith.htm, and I have Beastie, Boggart, Bogie, Goblin, Murdhacha, Ogre, and Spriggan - who'd I miss?

Dauntain don't count towards the total either.

Maggie Carroll
                      Onyx Path Freelancer & Developer
                      Working On: Book of Freeholds
                      Worked On: V20 TMR, Demon STG, C20, Conquering Heroes, Building A Legend

Comment

Wow! Do you think we could see a complete (provisional) list at some point? I'm so thirsty for this book and feel there are only a few tiny snippets so far...

Comment

It sounds like old Changeling is getting as expansive in kith numbers as new Changeling.

Comment

WHat about Kith only Merits? Do they count to the 110?

Comment

Now I'm trying to remember how the hell I got to 110. I'll be honest, math is never my strongest point.

Lot, it's a lot, anyway.

Matthew McFarland
                              Writer, developer, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X