Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it Safe to say that Formorians are EVIL No ifs ands or buts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha, true!

Charlie Cantrell
    Onyx Path Freelancer
    Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

In my Post-Revised World, I have the Formorians rule the Dreaming and thus Changelings are all restricted to the physical world ala C:TL but keeping all of the fun and politics of the original game. House Balor tried to play the kin card but found themselves just first among the Formorians slaves...if that.

Comment

To answer the original poster, it would all depend on your outlook. The Fomorians are certainly destructive, hostile and even malevolent, but it could also be argued that it is their nature, they don't really get a choice in the manner. Is a cat evil because it enjoys killing a mouse in an arguably sadistic way (by bating it around until it dies of fright) before eating it?

Comment

Originally posted by DeeDee View Post
          To answer the original poster, it would all depend on your outlook. The Fomorians are certainly destructive, hostile and even malevolent, but it could also be argued that it is their nature, they don't really get a choice in the manner. Is a cat evil because it enjoys killing a mouse in an arguably sadistic way (by bating it around until it dies of fright) before eating it?

Would mice be evil for killing the cat before it can get to them? That's not mice nature but it damn well is human nature.

Comment

The odd thing about the Fomorians is that their return would probably dramatically reduce Banality and save the Dreaming, as people would come to believe in magic more. You can only start having so many nightmares before you either start believing in them or start going insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
              The odd thing about the Fomorians is that their return would probably dramatically reduce Banality and save the Dreaming, as people would come to believe in magic more. You can only start having so many nightmares before you either start believing in them or start going insane.

Its.. almost like banality has some sort of purpose or something....

Comment

I'm not sure the Fomorians returning would do much to banality one way or the other. If anything, they might thrive in a banal environment better than the Kithain. It seems like it would be closer the mindless, primal dreams that gave rise to the Fomorians in the first place than the Tuathan Dream that the Kithain require.

Charlie Cantrell
                Onyx Path Freelancer
                Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

Would love to see some autumn people or "Lost" Dauntain react to the return of the Formians.

Comment

Banality kills the Dreaming, so Fomorians are just as vulnerable to it as the True Fae. I doubt that any Fomorian would leave the Dreaming, so I think they would not be bothered by the Autumn People. In fact, it could be the other way around, as the nightmares caused by the Fomorians would start to destroy their protective Banality.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
                      Banality kills the Dreaming, so Fomorians are just as vulnerable to it as the True Fae. I doubt that any Fomorian would leave the Dreaming, so I think they would not be bothered by the Autumn People. In fact, it could be the other way around, as the nightmares caused by the Fomorians would start to destroy their protective Banality.
                      Unless they specifically go back and change previous canon for it, there's already at least one named Fomorian that comes to the Autumn World pretty often.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathevn View Post

Unless they specifically go back and change previous canon for it, there's already at least one named Fomorian that comes to the Autumn World pretty often.

Which one and which book is that in?

Comment

Which one and which book is that in?
                          The White Fomorian known as Liliu, the Lady with Bones Instead of a Hand, from Dreams and Nightmares, p. 73.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

A unique individual, since I have seen no other mention of a Fomori that regularly visits the waking world. Her compulsion for mortal children drives her to be exposed to Banality, though she is incapable of tolerating the mortal world for more than a month. I think that she is the exception that proves the rule, as there is no other mention of Fomorians entering the waking world (they can, but they have little interest in it).

Comment

Check "The Bones of the City" on the same page: "Growing numbers of the White Court have slipped their bonds and now walk the Dreaming as they did in the ancient days. While most of them have escaped to the far depths of the Dreaming or to the Earth (where they appear to be unaffected by Banality)..."

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Incidentally, cats do that because they don't know how to kill a mouse quickly, so they just bat it around until it stops moving.

I'm not sure if that makes the analogy better or worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X