Changeling Politics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changeling Politics

Hello fair folk lets discuss this for a year and a day or until the next dawn,

As a member of society that is governed with democracy for almost 100 years, I cannot "really" understand Changeling politics. I mean I have a grasp of it, but I feel like it is not enough.

Currently, I have focused on books that provides information about Concordian politics, then I found this idea. How about everybody share something about changeling politics, and wait for another to share, and share new one. Afterwards, we can give our gratitudes, and congratulate them.

For example, one can share about titles, and what that is feel like to be "Baron/Baroness" from his/her experience ( of course from game sessions, but listening from a real baron/baroness would be awesome).

Here I represent, what is my thoughts on courts, and how I use them in my games.

There are three courts I know (except for fomorian courts). Seelie/Unseelie court and Shadow court.

I think legacies are different then ones court, and someone that is unseelie legacy is dominant, could be a member of Seelie court or vice versa. Because their names are same, some people think that courts and legacies are directly linked with each other, but I don't really support that idea.

Also, Seelie court does not mean good, or Unseelie mean evil or bad. It is all about your perspective. House Ailil see House Gwydion as uspers, and they are right in their aspect. All we can say about Seelie and Unseelie court is they are different, and different ideas always fight with each other.

All we can say is Seelie court members are tend to be more conservative than their Unseelie brethren.

Also, I really think that Shadow court is not a substitute for Unseelie court. It is something new, and I think (regrettably), they are right about embracing the difference. They are really care about change, even much more then Unseelie court members. Also, they are much more tend to be hang out with "Prodigals".

The Major goal of the Unseelei courtis to usser in Winter (for various reasons) from what i remember. and as i always understood it is your legacy matched your court *scratches chin* so its poth a political impulse and a political party? But your perspective is interesting, i want to think on it more!

Comment

The problem with Changeling politics is that the Changelings do not quite understand why they do things while they are outside the Dreaming. It is only within the Dreaming that they remember enough of their memories from previous incarnations that they remember why they believe as they do. However, the Unseelie are dicks and, while the Seelie are not great, they are better for kinain and mortals than the Unseelie.

Comment

Thats not always true thought Duke Dray is Seelie

Comment

One of the primary problems concerning Changelings is that you only murder a Changeling if you kill them with cold iron. Any other form of mortal death just sends their Changeling soul to the next incarnation, buying you an average of fifteen years before they bother you again. Or you can drop them in the Far Dreaming, where they will be overwhelmed by wonders and addicted by Glamour. In either case, Changelings are capable of getting rid of their foes without 'really' killing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
            The problem with Changeling politics is that the Changelings do not quite understand why they do things while they are outside the Dreaming. It is only within the Dreaming that they remember enough of their memories from previous incarnations that they remember why they believe as they do. However, the Unseelie are dicks and, while the Seelie are not great, they are better for kinain and mortals than the Unseelie.
            Well, I do not really apply that rule. Usually, I let them to remember without entering the dreaming. If a situation like old times happen or old friends assemble, I usually let them remember certain things, and I actually do not tell that as story but let them play that part also. However, you cannot play every single thing, in that case they will roll rememberence, then I will tell it as story.

Comment

I always wondered if the same rules applied to Sidhe and other arcadians (surely some commoners got bac into arcadia before the gates closed hard to be rulers with no one to rule just from a practicality standpoint) seeing as no one knows if you reincarnate if youre Arcadian. murder would then be murder.

Comment

Well, because of there is something called "Autumn Sidhe" in the C20 previews, I can say that ones that are killed will be come this world as changelings. However, there would be some "new changeling rite trend" in mid 20s.

Comment

I tinterpreted the "Autumn Sidhe" to be those that stayed behind durring the shattering like the scathach, which also makes me wonder if a house curse is more of a kith frailty than banalities curse... *scratches chin* as the autumn scathach didnt have banalities curse hmmmm lots to play with there. but Arcadian Sidhe (and arcadian commoner kiths as that will probably be a thing too based on context) wouldnt reincarnate as they didnt adopt the changeling way so much as they posessed human bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by CameraObscura83 View Post
                    I tinterpreted the "Autumn Sidhe" to be those that stayed behind durring the shattering like the scathach, which also makes me wonder if a house curse is more of a kith frailty than banalities curse... *scratches chin* as the autumn scathach didnt have banalities curse hmmmm lots to play with there. but Arcadian Sidhe (and arcadian commoner kiths as that will probably be a thing too based on context) wouldnt reincarnate as they didnt adopt the changeling way so much as they posessed human bodies.
                    Well, old books always see other sidhe that are belong the other houses sidhe as Lost Ones. Changing this would be good, but then it means you need to write whole interregnum
                    from scratch.

Comment

As for my knowledge, there is no more Seelie or Unseelie Courts.
                      After the Shatering and the Sidhe's exodus the kithain left here on Earth were not organised enough to keep the traditions of dual courts and their rituals of permutation. They kept some traditions, but their main concern was to survive and adapt to this world, so they put their differences aside and set a truce. It was the end of the Seelie and Unseelie Courts (something like the Camarilla in Vampire: the Requiem).
                      When the Sidhe came back from Arcadia during The Ressurgence, it was spread the idea that most of these ressurgents were members of Seelie Houses (though I'm more inclined to believe that the Unseelie Houses were just... quieter/smarter/more mischievous), so, when they restored their domains (after all that rebellions and conflicts we've already known between nobles x commoners) as the majority of nobles in charge came from Seelie Houses, their new Court reflected more of their precepts than Useelie precepts. This Court rules Concordia and is called The Shinning Host. It is the ONLY court recognised officially (now like the Camarilla in Vampire: the Masquerade). The members from The Shinning Host are not evil neither good, they killed kithain comrades with cold iron, but they believe that they must protect each other (nobles and commoners).
                      What they didn't know is the fact that an amount of Sidhe that came from Arcadia were affiliated the Unseelie Houses. They were not satisfied with The Shinning Host and probably they don't feel heard ou represented by them. The dual court tradition were not resumed. So, those Unseelie kithain that were not satisfied went to the Shadow Court ranks. The Shadow Court was probably something like The Black Hand to The vampires in Vampire: the Masquerade. The Shadow Court nowadays shares the same name and some historical ideas, but now Banality is a more powerful weapon and the winter is on the corner. I don't like to see them as The Bad Guys because, actually, there are no balance between these extremes inside The Shinning Host. They were suffocated and forced to accept what the Seelie Houses impose. The Dreaming is also where nightmares dwell. As the more prominent leaders from the Shadow Court came from Ailil ranks, it's perfectly understandable its Machiavellian acts. They believe that the ends justify the means, so they believe that controlling Banality or accelerating the Winter are all acceptable moves to restore their position and the balance between the extremes of the kithain.

I interpret that when you chose your character court, you are just selecting the dominant Legacy, as an allusion to the old Courts.
                      Last edited by Neon.Sidhe; 07-28-2016, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X