Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it mean to be "immune to Glamour"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does it mean to be "immune to Glamour"?

In the core rule book, it states that the Fomorians have been known to be completely "immune to Glamour".

Does this just mean they can't be directly affected by Cantrips, or does it mean more?

Originally posted by JoeDuncan View Post
    In the core rule book, it states that the Fomorians have been known to be completely "immune to Glamour".

Does this just mean they can't be directly affected by Cantrips, or does it mean more?
    Possibly. Do you have a page reference? I'm guessing it means the Fomorians, as beings of Nightmare, are susceptible to Nightmare instead of Glamour. That's possibly also how they survive Banality too--they transmute it to more Nightmare, actually strengthening themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post
      Possibly. Do you have a page reference?
      Not off-hand, it's in the "antagonists" section in the back of both 1e and 2e when describing the Fomorians.

Mostly I'm just curious as to whether this is limited to Fae Glamour only, or would they also be immune to hedge magic like sorcery, thaumaturgy and hekau?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeDuncan View Post

Not off-hand, it's in the "antagonists" section in the back of both 1e and 2e when describing the Fomorians.

Mostly I'm just curious as to whether this is limited to Fae Glamour only, or would they also be immune to hedge magic like sorcery, thaumaturgy and hekau?
        I wouldn't imagine so. They probably can attempt countermagic of some kind, though.

Comment

In KttK, Chris Howard devised some rules for fae to be able to affect Fomorians with Glamour (cantrips). Basically, a fae must have Fae 5 in order to be able to do so. And each cantrip received an automatic -2 successes.

Otherwise, I totally agree with Adambeyoncelowe: Fomorians are the embodiment of the Way of Nightmares and, in my Winter game, all those who follow this Way (which is very different from the Changeling Way) transform Banality into Nightmares. Their Frailty is that, as Nightmares plague them, they have more and more Frailties...

Comment

Working...
          X