Can I get a Changeling with Retinue?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get a Changeling with Retinue?

a Prospective player on my game on rpol is asking and I thought I'd ask...

it makes sense for a Sidhe noble.

but doesnt seem in the letter or spirit of the background.

Changeling has their own version of Retinue.

"Your character has one or more enchanted humans or retainers under his sway. This Retinue answers to your character and is under his control, either through enchantment or by some more mundane method of control. They will tend to be loyal to him, although some may betray him if they are ill-treated..."

So yes, any changeling could have a Retinue.

Comment

meant can I get a changeling as a Retainer... its Easy to picture those with high degrees of title but seems to work against the letter and spirit of the background and im being put on the spot on the issue right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
        meant can I get a changeling as a Retainer... its Easy to picture those with high degrees of title but seems to work against the letter and spirit of the background and im being put on the spot on the issue right now.
        Retinue replaces Retainer, as per the description above. The character could take Chimera (Chimerical Companion) to get a retainer, instead or as well.

I'd just direct them to Retinue. Retainer doesn't usually cover Enchanted beings, so the player would have the problem of their staff constantly forgetting who they are every time the Mists kick in. Retinue solves that problem, as the humans are explicitly Enchanted or affected by magic.
        Last edited by adambeyoncelowe; 09-12-2016, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X