Banality with benefits?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banality with benefits?

So I briefly mentioned this in another thread, and was going to save it till morning, but thought I'd post it now while I remember.

I was thinking back to this thread: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...angeling/page2. People were talking about how Banality was often said to be a double-edged sword, but in the game only the Dauntain really got any mechanical benefits from it (except for saying 'nope' to deny magic, which nets you a single point of Banality). My feeling is that Agendas could be done away with altogether if there was a more solid subsystem for using Banality (e.g., to hide your fae mien from Auspex and Kenning). I was thinking of things like Shadow Dice, Demon Arts and Rage.

What benefits would you give to Banality--and at what cost?

Banality allready ALSO Protects you from bedlam

Wont call that small potatoes.

Comment

I've always thought the Shadow's call the offer of power is far more effective for the "bad stuff" banality, the beast etc. Its so much easier to resist if it doesn't give you anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
        I've always thought the Shadow's call the offer of power is far more effective for the "bad stuff" banality, the beast etc. Its so much easier to resist if it doesn't give you anything.
        Maybe extra dice on mundane activities then? Or making yourself unremarkable by taking extra points of Banality, allowing you to move unnoticed?

Comment

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post

Maybe extra dice on mundane activities then? Or making yourself unremarkable by taking extra points of Banality, allowing you to move unnoticed?

I've thought more and more of fae as living stories. Fae are driven to do things like elaborate death traps, offering up chances to beat them if you find their name. Banality should help when you just go "I'm just goign to shoot bond in the head" but I'm not sure how.

Comment

Working...
          X