Got Changeling First Ed, advices?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Changeling First Ed, advices?

So, through Ebay i was only able to get the first edition of changeling with out loosing an eye and a kidney in the process. i was wondering if you could give me a list of the changes between editions for me to keep in mind?

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
    ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
    Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
    Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Originally posted by Crowley View Post
    So, through Ebay i was only able to get the first edition of changeling with out loosing an eye and a kidney in the process. i was wondering if you could give me a list of the changes between editions for me to keep in mind?
    Quite a lot, unfortunately. But C20 will change even more, so . . .

Anyway, off the top of my head:

-Calling on the Wyrd: In Second Edition, changelings can bring their fae selves into the mortal world, along with any personal chimera and chimerical items. A troll will literally reveal himself to be a seven-foot blue bruiser. A satyr will have goat legs and horns. No one who sees this can be in any doubt about what they're seeing, and any chimerical damage the changeling and his chimera would cause is now real damage. (Of course, due to the Mists, any humans who see this and are hurt will still forget it/rationalise it away once the scene is up.)

-Invoking the Dragon's Ire: Basically allowing for your boosted stats in combat, the Dragon's Ire is invoked by drawing on Remembrance. Each success channels the combative glory of the Dreaming and gives an extra dice on all combat actions for the remainder of the sidhe. The RAW limit this to fae with Remembrance 3+, and strongly implies it's pretty much a sidhe-only thing, but I've always allowed anyone to attempt it, using Glamour.

-Some of the powers are moved around.

-Cantrip cards disappear completely. The optional cantrip rules from the Players Guide become the base option (any suitable action can be a Bunk; the ST gives it a rating from 1-5 based on its complexity; this deducts from the base difficulty of the cantrip, which is otherwise target's Banality + 4).

-Kenning becomes an Ability instead of a Background (it's basically the kithain version of Awareness).

Most of the changes were made to make the changelings seem less squishy, but a few were to make their magic seem more impressive.

Comment

Working...
    X