1001 Ideas for Avatars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1001 Ideas for Avatars

So other than the classic imagery of an avatar? what have you come up with? i been thinking on a PC's whos essence is dynamic, to give him David Bowie as an avatar (like literally The David Bowie)

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
    ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
    Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
    Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

The game I'm currently running has this:

Primordial avatar: Irish Verbena lady who's avatar seems to be an aspect Luna, complete with attitude changes based on the phases of the moon. Whether it's actually the Celestine herself or simply the mage's own internalised understanding of Luna is not actually known.

Primordial avatar: Cornish Verbena mage from a family searching for King Arthur, has Excalibur the sword as his avatar. He is a constant battle with its mage, trying to encourage them to stand up and fight. They have a difficult relationship as the mage is more of a scholar than a fighter, and would rather try to talk things down than fight. The sword gets really impatient with this approach.

Primordial avatar: Templar Knight who only hears from his avatar when alone in prayer in a holy place like an alter. It manifests itself as a heavenly voice in his mind telling him it is the Knight's duty to place judgement down on those he meets.

Questing avatar: This mage lost her parents to a Verbena group in what she thought was a ritual sacrifice. Her avatar manifests as her mothers voice calling her, guiding her towards discovering the truth.

Dynamic avatar: Got a Film Noir detective archetype mage who's avatar manifests via sudden music, shapes in the smoke of his cigarette, objects falling out of his pockets, or simple that killer intuition.

Dynamic avatar: Virtual Adept who isn't all that aware of his avatar, but it still manifests, sometimes as glowing icons on his computer, sometimes as a low hum, a series of beeps, or even an open window on his computer. I might also make Clippy jump out and ask if he'd like some kind of advise. "It looks like you're hacking into the Technocracy's secret files. Would you like help?"

So, including your one, I think we've got a total of 7 so far.
    Last edited by Saikou; 11-23-2016, 05:24 PM.

Keepers of the Wyck: A Chronicle I'm running FINALE: Chapter 39: Green Fairy

Comment

For a Progenitor:
      Once he looks at his own living tissue under enough of a magnification, he is drawn into observing a Smurfs-esque village of beings, with every Smurf offering to teach him something; and the Papa Smurf being very authoritative on all topics, from the Technocracy, through biology, to his choice of a lab coat.

Comment

quick question, as i read the ideas of the avatars. can they be seen by sleepers as well?

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).

Comment

Originally posted by Crowley View Post
          quick question, as i read the ideas of the avatars. can they be seen by sleepers as well?

Not likely.

Comment

ok i got one, a pattern avatar that manifest as the face through computers and screens (A la Max Headroom)

Comment

I think there's a flaw where your Avatar is corporeal. Or maybe a merit.

Comment

Manifest Avatar (3 point merit) revised corebook somewhere in the supernatural merits.
                But even then you have to mold in some other backround(ally, familiar, etc.) to give your Avatar a physical, perceivable body that is then of course visible to sleepers.

So, this Zen Master walks up to a hot dog stand and says: "Make me one with everything!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nonsense View Post
                  Manifest Avatar (3 point merit) revised corebook somewhere in the supernatural merits.
                  But even then you have to mold in some other backround(ally, familiar, etc.) to give your Avatar a physical, perceivable body that is then of course visible to sleepers.
                  i meant like atmosphere elements. The avatar noire idea that Saiku gave got me thinking if avatars can manifest in such subtil way among sleepers.

Avatar Idea: pattern. The Ink Reality, The avatar allows the user to see Text bubbles, sound effects and every scene becomes a comic book panel. Depending on the ressonance the comic book might look more serious or by different artists

Avatar Idea: Dynamic: Everybody loves an Awaken. The idea is that the avatar manifests itself as cliches from a sitcom, from the forced laugh and such.

Questing Avatar: Army of Me: whenever this one manifests, the world becomes bleak, literally black and white, TV Screens show constant flashes of eyes and dead expressions. Reality gets exagerated in a very "German Expresionist style." The More indepth is the user within a city, the more expresionist is the setting around him or the hints that the avatar gives in order to break this illusion and escape

Comment

My Etherite's avatar is Liberty Belle. The nose emblem on his first bomber which he awakend on during a training mission. She helped him repair the failing engines. Ya, he's a WWII bomber piolt.

Comment

Avatar Idea: pattern. The Ink Reality, The avatar allows the user to see Text bubbles, sound effects and every scene becomes a comic book panel. Depending on the ressonance the comic book might look more serious or by different artists
                      Man, you just gave me really good ideas for some paradox Quiet ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X