Digital Web 3.0: The Web of Today!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Web 3.0: The Web of Today!

Reading back over Digital Web 2.0 and it's amazing to see just how dated it's become.
    M20's small section on it has suggested a good way of modernising it (pp. 107-109).

The long and short of it is that Grid sectors have become much larger, encompassing the internet as the majority of us have actually experienced. All the other bits, the SRVRZ, the VA sectors, the crazy clubs and Tron games, all of that is either Dark web or Deep web.

Tone wise, there is no longer an emphasis on the Great Race. The Sleepers pretty much took over, and no one side, not the VAs, nor the Technocracy, has any real control over it anymore. However, N.W.O do have a leg up over the rest. One of their factions, The Feed, has managed to install a form of mass surveillance over the vast majority of the Grid, and a number of C-Sectors to boot.

However, it seems we're not going to get many details until DW3.0 comes out. So until then, why not make up some details by ourselves?

Just chose a website and go crazy.

I imagine Google looking like the inside of a great white sphere, with Conduit platforms lining the walls. You start out at the centre of the sphere with the great Google logo hovering right in the middle. Anything you said aloud to the logo would trigger the Search algorithm. sections of the wall would zoom in right up to you (or you to it, it's difficult to tell) with conduits leading to places related to your search. It is impossible to get to anywhere that isn't a Grid section from here. From the logo, the conduits are almost impossible to see, so far away that they are lost in the endless void of white. It is, however, possible for intrepid explorers to travel out into the white void. There they may find Search Algorithm programs, Hidden Ad programs, and NWO surveillance bots subtly waiting just beyond perception, keeping careful track on any and all users activity.

The walls themselves are not as smooth or uniform as they might appear from a distance, once you get within range of seeing them that is, with literal manifestations of the algorithm poking out through the cracks. It may be possible to slip between the cracks and enter other Google properties, such as Google Mail, Google Drive, or even their private business records, though you can bet there will be security measures in place to prevent, discourage, or outright block this kind of thing.

Keepers of the Wyck: A Chronicle I'm running FINALE: Chapter 39: Green Fairy

in my games i feature a Wireless periphery where publicly linked info like google maps instagram and other GPS based resources can be accessed on location- a wireframe rendition of the physical world with floating icons and little camera screens you can touch to paint the area with the photo they took. all kinds of junk data like pokemon go fill the area as well so its getting more complicated to navigate and filter the periphery. (of course of ya LIKE pokemon its a wonderful time to be a VA)

there are no bad ideas, just ideas that have not been refined enough

Comment

So, how would people do Virtual Web 4chan?

Part of me imagines it as a huge fractal graffiti wall with meme spirits running around everywhere. Segmented into small areas with guns and other weapons just lying around.

Comment

Originally posted by Saikou View Post
        So, how would people do Virtual Web 4chan?

Part of me imagines it as a huge fractal graffiti wall with meme spirits running around everywhere. Segmented into small areas with guns and other weapons just lying around.
        You're way too kind. For me, there are no words to describe the horror of that place in the digital web. It's a cesspool filled with some of the worst filth you could find on the web. A nephandi would consider it paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by Firanai View Post

You're way too kind. For me, there are no words to describe the horror of that place in the digital web. It's a cesspool filled with some of the worst filth you could find on the web. A nephandi would consider it paradise.
          People talk so much about that 4Chan and reedit? Was it that? And I have no idea what the hell are those...

Oh, it's a good time to watch Tron again...

And Google, Facebook, those companies belong to the Syndicate, but they are managed by the NWO

Comment

Originally posted by Karlgust View Post

People talk so much about that 4Chan and reedit? Was it that? And I have no idea what the hell are those...

Oh, it's a good time to watch Tron again...

And Google, Facebook, those companies belong to the Syndicate, but they are managed by the NWO
            I imagine Reddit being like a series of street corners with kids holding newspapers with inflammatory headlines calling them out for people to read. Taking the newspaper and reading through it will act as a conduit to these stories where long rows of people will be talking beneath it.
            Rather than take the paper, you can instead choose to walk the streets looking for your own preferred sub street, all of which will have their own themed buildings and badges, and my require certain icon's be taken.
            Everyone has access to Up and Down guns, and any discussions that happen can be affected by these guns, anyone can be shot at any time by these guns. Up guns will make you more "solid", make your clothes seem fancier, your face more beautiful, you stature grander and taller, and generally give you a greater reign of vibrance and spelndor. Down guns do the opposite, they make you seem uglier and less human, more troll like infact, and if you get too many will result in a soft De-rez.

Each subreddit has their own system of politics and their own method of moderation. Compared to 4chan, which is must more cavalier and wild, Reddit is highly regulated, with a comitie of bots deciding what content appears on the paper and gets linked.

How do you imagine these, and other, websites to take Virtual form?

Comment

Facebook would be a kind of Hollywoodian Hall of Fame, where all sleepers have virtual bot icons of themselves, each person is the movie star and the most important being on Earth, they are constantly on a fashion parade under several bot paparazzi, walking on a hall with the red carpet... In the walls of the hall, several pictures with the most "profound" thoughts of the person, as long as addendums made by other users, and several sideway doors on the wall of the halls that lead you to those other VIP which share a connection with one of those stars... And, at the end of each hall, you'll have the "common rooms", huge private rooms were the superstars go for socializing, which can range from flattering exchange to physical agression. Typically, each table will have one specific topic of discussion, under a common theme by room. And many bots, from time to time, will expel unwanted persons, or the most powerful police bots of Faceblock can take one of the celebrities to jail, and on rare occasions, apply death penalty

Comment

Working...
              X