How does pattern damage materialize?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does pattern damage materialize?

How does pattern damage dished out by life 3 + appropriate sphere materialize? It seems very hard due to the blurred lines with other spheres. If I wanted to make their insides collapse, would I need forces to provide the motion for that?

Hopefully someone can provide me clarity

Originally posted by KingJohn View Post
    How does pattern damage dished out by life 3 + appropriate sphere materialize? It seems very hard due to the blurred lines with other spheres. If I wanted to make their insides collapse, would I need forces to provide the motion for that?

Hopefully someone can provide me clarity
    For Life 3, if you're just causing Bashing damage, it would probably manifest as several bruises, aches, pain, and a general feeling of lethargy. Lethal could manifest as boils, blisters, internal bleeding, cuts, and wounds, while Aggravated may appear as the muscles and tendons literally tearing themselves apart, skin ripping itself away from the body, veins bursting, or bones cracking away.

If you want to target specific organs or systems within the body, you'd probably need Life 4 to pull it off as well as a paradigm that allows for directly manipulating organs and enough medical knowledge to know what you're doing.

You wouldn't need forces unless you wanted to do something specific with their body, say turn it into fire (Life 4 Forces 3).

Keepers of the Wyck: A Chronicle I'm running UPDATE Chapter 25: Going Down

Comment

I disagree with Saikou on a couple points. Targeting specific organs or systems should only require Life 4 if you're doing something other than damaging (or healing) them. You still need sufficient Knowledge dots, though, in Science or Medicine.

Forces is applied to normal Life damage if you want particularly fiery, frosty, or explosive results. Making a person's head explode or literally freezing their blood requires an understanding of energetic principles (however the Mage conceives of them). Just bending, twisting, slicing, or rotting tissue is a pure Life issue (or Entropy, in the latter case).

As for what Aggravated damage done with Life looks like, it depends on what the nature of the Effect is. A Verbana curse might cause a wasting illness. An Akashayana's Five Point Exploding Heart Technique would...well, you can probably guess.

Comment

I agree with Bluecho, Life 3 is enough. And it can be Aggravated if you want, so feel free to describe the most horrific and colorful injuries you can think of. Flesh turning to transparent jellylike substance. Necrotized flesh. Holes in the victim that are a precise match for the mage's fingers, as if he had plunged them directly into the victim.

Comment

Originally posted by Faradn View Post
          I agree with Bluecho, Life 3 is enough. And it can be Aggravated if you want, so feel free to describe the most horrific and colorful injuries you can think of. Flesh turning to transparent jellylike substance. Necrotized flesh. Holes in the victim that are a precise match for the mage's fingers, as if he had plunged them directly into the victim.
          I assume altering someone's heart into host of worms, or having intestinal worms chew out the insides of someone can purely be a product of life, too? Or would I need matter to spawn in the worms?

Comment

I assume altering someone's heart into host of worms, or having intestinal worms chew out the insides of someone can purely be a product of life, too? Or would I need matter to spawn in the worms?
            Worms are living creatures, so just Life. You would only require Matter if you wanted to turn a part of their body into inanimate materials, like stone or silver or acid.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecho View Post
              Worms are living creatures, so just Life. You would only require Matter if you wanted to turn a part of their body into inanimate materials, like stone or silver or acid.
              Would you say I could render someone paralyzed with life 3?

Comment

Why not? You can Incapacitate a guy (with 6 lvls of direct damage.), you should also be able to inflict a...non lethal...incapacitation.
                Total body control (like, moving someone like a marionette) requires Life 4, but I think that knocking someone out should be easier.

Comment

To soak aggrevated with life 3, would you need to declare that you're using it to soak at the beginning of your turn or would it be purely reflexive? I question it's reflexive nature due to the fact that you'd need to utilizing a sphere to it.

Comment

To soak aggrevated with life 3, would you need to declare that you're using it to soak at the beginning of your turn or would it be purely reflexive? I question it's reflexive nature due to the fact that you'd need to utilizing a sphere to it.
                    You need an effect to soak lethal and/or aggravated. Life 3 can do that. If you haven't already done it and you take aggravated damage then you are SOL.

So, this Zen Master walks up to a hot dog stand and says: "Make me one with everything!"

Comment

The only way to make reflexive "powers" using spheres is with Entropy 2, Time 4 to make conjunctional effects or with an magikal item. For example:

Omniscience All Spheres Level 1, Correspondence 2, Mind 2, Mind 3, Time 2, [u]Entropy 2, Time 4[/b]
                      At any moment that anything of note that could be of the interest of the Mage happens, the Mage's magical senses are automatically and reflexively turned on, and just as appropriated as the Mage needs. So, if there are ambushers waiting in the Umbra to jump on him, his Corr 1/2 senses will turn on, along with his Spirit 1 Umbral vision, in all likelihood showing EXACTLY were the agressors are. Toghether with his Life 1 and Prime 1 senses, he'll also identify that they are werewolves. His Time 2 will show him all that way before it happens. If it is important, his Mind 2 can show the Mage the superficial thoughts of the agressors, and sometimes even mind-read them.
                      Only the necessary senses will be activeted - if it's a spirit that could cause interest, only spirit 1 will switch. If it's a ciborg, matter 1 will show you him filled with Primium (or rather, it WONT show him, which could indicate the Primium). But, to avoid a sensorial overflow, only the essential senses will turn on at any given time. The Mage can turn any sense manually if he wishes of course.
                      Entropy 1 gives the "Danger Sense" clicking warning to activate the senses, Entropy 2 is the "switch" that turns on and off all the effects, and Time 4 is what keeps all the effects on "hold" at the backdoor, just waiting to be turned on by Entropy 2.
                      Someone waiting to ambush you in the next corner will almostly burst your awareness in a second, but someone you don't know on the other side of the globe plotting against you give years from now, will require a ton of successes on the activation of this effect.
                      This effect is the ultimate word on sensorial imput. However, less complete versions of it at fully possible. You'll just need Time 4 and Entropy 2 as the base (which also means that you can already stack a "Danger Sense" with future prediction prophecy capabilities, fully reflexive). On top of it, you may add ANY sensorial effects to it (meaning, any Sphere 1, but also Corr 2 and Mind 2/3 that also have sensorial effects). Each new sense you add, increases how broad your magikal awareness will be.
                      (As for mechanics, you can state that anything that could trigger an awareness OR alertness skill roll, can trigger this effect)

Comment

Only problem being the 30+ successes every morning, only for sensory magick to boot.

So, this Zen Master walks up to a hot dog stand and says: "Make me one with everything!"

Comment

Working...
                        X