Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which book explains social conditioning fluff?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which book explains social conditioning fluff?

by that i don't mean the one done on captured reality deviants. i mean the one done on their own agents. it's been so long since i read any of these books that i remember little aside from the basic rules
    are they aware of it like the tremere are when they are blood bonded? or is it more subtle like level 1-3 looking like a "normal" visit to a psychiatrist.

sort of like the one real life police officers have to do to maintain mental stability after they kill someone.
    only that here it's would mostly be to help them deal with seeing the supernatural yet not realising that it'smagic/they are mages etc.
    and of course obey!

come to think of it the early levels aren't radically different than the conditioning which soldiers undergo?

any thoughts/books?

Guide to the technocracy. Not sure which page because AFB. The two things are essentially the same. Though the union is significantly more lax with keeping up their more loyal agents conditioning. Cyborgs aside.

Comment

The Guide of the Technocracy should be a good place to start the search, also NWO Convention books should have something.

I remember the book mentioning the psi-ops of the NWO calling agents who seemed "unstable" to a little therapy visit. Normal low level Conditioning isn't the painful torture that Technocrats do to mystics to turn them into technocrats, but still agents aren't usualy happy about it. I guess that having your mind scaned and changed by the therapist isn't a thrilling prospect. I remember that being called to recondittionig it's used as a frequent threath in the books (things like "don't go arround there saying you believe in faeries, if you don't want to earn a trip to Room 101")

Comment

Originally posted by Aleph View Post
        The Guide of the Technocracy should be a good place to start the search, also NWO Convention books should have something.

I remember the book mentioning the psi-ops of the NWO calling agents who seemed "unstable" to a little therapy visit. Normal low level Conditioning isn't the painful torture that Technocrats do to mystics to turn them into technocrats, but still agents aren't usualy happy about it. I guess that having your mind scaned and changed by the therapist isn't a thrilling prospect. I remember that being called to recondittionig it's used as a frequent threath in the books (things like "don't go arround there saying you believe in faeries, if you don't want to earn a trip to Room 101")

doesn't guide to the technnocracy explicitly says that ALL agents undergo conditioning?

specifically i think it was

3 for agents recuited on earth

5 for ones recruited (i.e made) on a laboratory

7 for ones on space/umbral colonies.

Comment

Yes, but you don't want to be called for Conditioning again, as long as you can reasonably avoid it...Or at least that's the impression the fluff gave to me.

Comment

Yes. Social Conditioning isn't permanent, it slowly breaks down over time. And it's 3 for frontline agents, 5 for cyborgs and other enhanced agents, and 7 for those who were raised under the technocracies thumb their entire life. So any construct would be a 7, a 5 is for natural born humans who become cyborgs a la exojocks. And 3 is for that paranoid bastard who's spent the last six years fighting off ghost incursions from that haunted forest in the middle of nowhere on indefinite remote assignment.

Comment

And yeah, the lowest levels of Conditioning are relatively... when you look at them a certain way, they turn out to appear very much like just the normal sort of things you see in a workplace or normal cultural group. The project is very important, so of course you're willing to give it your all, especially when your team has regular meetings to check up on project status. They installed those new security cameras, oh well, it makes us more secure, right? Everyone I talk to agrees with X political view, so of course I do too. We don't like those freeloaders.

Perhaps the NWO's touting of social psychology is slowly rebuilding the Consensus to include Conditioning as simply the way things work...

Comment

i've been reading mage20 again and it seems to imply that "normally" technocrats only have a conditioning level of 1. so presumabely this is a retcon.
                i really hope the whole social conditioning thing alongside it; history are explained in technocracy:reloaded

Comment

Working...
                X