No announcement yet.

Mage in the Real World

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate that. This community is great and you all are finding the coolest stuff for the scrapbook.

You want a visual that's creepy af? One of my players forwarded me Turkeys circling a dead cat. That'd be unsettling for some PCs.

He also sent me this creepy thing. You can't convince me that's a harmless, natural fungus.

Comment

Originally posted by GogariGlenRoss View Post
      He also sent me this creepy thing. You can't convince me that's a harmless, natural fungus.
      And naturally, someone somewhere tried to eat it. (Thank you, whoever you are. Now we know it's safe to eat.)

Comment

Well, just watch History Channel.

Its like watching "Paradigm Channel"

Comment

Originally posted by AgentSmith View Post
          Well, just watch History Channel.

Its like watching "Paradigm Channel"
          You've just given me an idea for a mage campaign

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stubbs_(cat)
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tama_(cat)
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_the_Cat

Would be awesome to have familiars like these

Comment

Void Engineers doing some climate postcognition in a crazy, adventurous location: Devil's Hole in Death Valley.
              Cavern diving is some scary stuff. Diving to 300' is crazier still. I wouldn't mind roleplaying this campaign, but you wouldn't get me to go on this adventure for real.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleph View Post
                Nop, he just say that he's "sure" the technocracy it's capable of atrocities. And that it wouldn't be below them to make a few "traditional" human sacrifices if to make the trads look bad. Saying that in no way implies that the Traditions can't do as bad or worse.

I don't think it's below all of them, but many Technocrats are going to complain about such an extremist action as to kill people to frame the Trads. They can say it's an unnecessary and wastefull loss of human live and a mockery of the Union's mission of protecting the masses, they can even say that it's a violation of the Principles of Damian (the one about protecting the masses). The retort would be...well, the same that the Progenitors get when the Syndicate sells defective homeopaty to bastardize Traditional belief...that "it's for the greater good" (the prefered way of evading the technoctatic law).
                Technically that line is "Shepherd the Masses." Not "Protect the Masses." Is protection implied? Certainly. But Shepherds also kill members of their flock when needed.

It's also worth noting that the "Terrorism" skill appeared in the Guide to the Technocracy.

Comment

Literal rabbit-hole leads to Knights Templar cave.

Comment

Couple points here.

First, the article mentions the site being supposedly used for "black magic rites" in the modern day. This could be a cover story by the Technocracy to feed into biases against mysticism. The Union did likely have a hand in anti-witch hysteria throughout the centuries, and continues to do so. The Templars could have continued using the site up until it was sealed. Alternatively, it could have actually been used by Infernalists or Nephandi, looking to subvert a sacred space for their own vile ends.

Second, the article says that while it's claimed to have been built by the Templars, examiners date it to the 18th or 19th centuries, after the Templars dissolved. This, too, could just be Technocrat propaganda, experts being induced to claim it to be newer for the sake of, again, undermining mysticism. Then again, in the WoD, the Templars have continued to exist (covertly) into the modern day. So it's hardly a stretch to think they might have carved out hidden "chantries", so they could worship and operate in secret. Who knows how many sites like this one litter the World of Darkness, just under the surface (in this case literally)?

Comment

• http://www.mid-day.com/articles/want...-news/17903155

Wearing Waldo costume as a way to perform a coincidental entropy or mind effect?

Comment

• Wearing a Waldo costume to turn invisible also sounds like a great Bunk for changeling Arts.

Speaking of the other games, this guy having a chat with a raven could be a scene in any WoD game.

Comment

• A Prime 2+Forces 3 attack setting a person on fire? Totally coincidental.

Comment

• I want to run a game session or two around this

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6972361.html

Radioactive Boars in Fukushima

Comment

• Whatever focus you were using for your Progenitor or Sons of Ether character's Life sphere probably wasn't as weird as this spinach transmuted into heart tissue.

Comment

• Originally posted by GogariGlenRoss View Post
                                Whatever focus you were using for your Progenitor or Sons of Ether character's Life sphere probably wasn't as weird as this spinach transmuted into heart tissue.
                                Syndicate guy looking incredulously at financial report : "We're funding what?"

Comment

Working...
                                X