Azkaban for Mage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 11twiggins View Post

There's no Consensus there, so surely with a Vulgar Life effect he could make himself Immortal and not need food or drink, for a measly 1 or 2 Permanent Paradox? Like there's no Consensus to stop them, in fact it might not even be vulgar... just end the effect before you return to earth? Genuinely curious, not sure about private consensus in empty realms.
    On paper, this would work. And it would probably actually work for a good chunk of mages, but I just have to point out again that they'd have to have a paradigm that allows them this feat

But, yes. For a chunk of them, this would work fine. I think it'd be less about immortality and more indeed about nourishing themself through supernatural means. And on return to Earth, there should be no Paradox issues, unless they actually keep sustaining themselves like that for another long time.

>> cWoD Dice Probability Chart | | >> cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator | | >> cWoD Alternative Armor System
    >> cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System | | >> My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels

Comment

Originally posted by Ambrosia View Post

On paper, this would work. And it would probably actually work for a good chunk of mages, but I just have to point out again that they'd have to have a paradigm that allows them this feat

But, yes. For a chunk of them, this would work fine. I think it'd be less about immortality and more indeed about nourishing themself through supernatural means. And on return to Earth, there should be no Paradox issues, unless they actually keep sustaining themselves like that for another long time.
      Of course, the Progenitor needs her lab, the SoE needs her... spinny-machine-thing. Then again, if they did enough Seekings they might be able to let go of all tools, but they'd starve before that I'm guessing.

Some Paradigms are much luckier. "I pray for Rosary Beads". "I pray for nourishment using Rosary Beads as focus".

ST: "Dammit, she's good!"

Comment

Of course, the Progenitor needs her lab, the SoE needs her... spinny-machine-thing. Then again, if they did enough Seekings they might be able to let go of all tools, but they'd starve before that I'm guessing.

Some Paradigms are much luckier. "I pray for Rosary Beads". "I pray for nourishment using Rosary Beads as focus".

ST: "Dammit, she's good!"
        Oh, I was less referring to having the actual paradigmic tools ready to cast such effects, and more about the paradigm itself allowing a mindset where

1) It's possible to do
        2) It's possible for the Mage to actually perform with their worldview, teachings and the way they think their magic works
        3) It isn't taboo or a sin to do (And this part of course would get quite tested if the mage is close to starvation..)

It goes way beyond 'Verbena' or 'SoE', and way down into the subgroups and nieche beliefs that a specific Mage might belong to.
        Last edited by Ambrosia; 02-17-2017, 01:39 PM.

>> cWoD Dice Probability Chart | | >> cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator | | >> cWoD Alternative Armor System
        >> cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System | | >> My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels

Comment

Oh, I was less referring to having the actual paradigmic tools ready to cast such effects, and more about the paradigm itself allowing a where

1) It's possible to do
          2) It's possible for the Mage to actually perform with their worldview, teachings and the way they think their magic works
          3) It isn't taboo or a sin to do (And this part of course would get quite tested if the mage is close to starvation..)

It goes way beyond 'Verbena' or 'SoE', and way down into the subgroups and nieche beliefs that a specific Mage might belong to.
          Kinda like Magneto being held prisoner in a block of Plastic?

Keepers of the Wyck: A Chronicle I'm running UPDATE Chapter 31b: Removed

Comment

Originally posted by Saikou View Post
            Kinda like Magneto being held prisoner in a block of Plastic?
            Well, yes.
            Kind of if Magneto was actually able to learn how to mold plastic, but simply did not believe he could do so, because of what he was taught and his view of his powers was shaped.

Comment

Well, yes.
              Kind of if Magneto was actually able to learn how to mold plastic, but simply did not believe he could do so, because of what he was taught and his view of his powers was shaped.
              I think a Hermetic could make a good Magneto! Forces, Prime, Matter and Life, however everything must relate to Metal in some form or another. So he can levitate but only if he wears something metallic which can support him as he ascends, he can twist a person's shape but only through manipulating the metal in their body, he can move objects but only through Magnetism... For combat, take inspiration from Kuvira from Avatar.

Comment

Oh, I was less referring to having the actual paradigmic tools ready to cast such effects, and more about the paradigm itself allowing a mindset where

1) It's possible to do

Like I said, a Progenitor or SoE that have "Psichic Powers" as his Paradigm would have a much easier time than a Dreamspeaker that needs incense and sacrifices for example... Just "scientifically" psyonic meditate your hunger away

Comment

I think a Hermetic could make a good Magneto! Forces, Prime, Matter and Life, however everything must relate to Metal in some form or another.

Comment

Working...
                  X