Book of Secrets teaser on Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book of Secrets teaser on Kickstarter

I asked a question there, and since no one's gotten back to it yet, I'll post it here just in case someone in authority can answer:

Do they have, instead of a Focus per se, a thing where you can take bashing damage or something in exchange for casting magick? I'm not talking Paradox, I';m talking about how in books and movies the "psychic" or "Mutant" character can do things via "sheer force of will", but you see them get dizzy or a bloody nose or something. It seems like it would fit in with someone who thought they were a mutant, psychic, and/or just had that much willpower. Will such a thing be in the book of secrets?

Originally posted by SpectacularTentacular View Post
    I asked a question there, and since no one's gotten back to it yet, I'll post it here just in case someone in authority can answer:

Do they have, instead of a Focus per se, a thing where you can take bashing damage or something in exchange for casting magick? I'm not talking Paradox, I';m talking about how in books and movies the "psychic" or "Mutant" character can do things via "sheer force of will", but you see them get dizzy or a bloody nose or something. It seems like it would fit in with someone who thought they were a mutant, psychic, and/or just had that much willpower. Will such a thing be in the book of secrets?

Psionics as a Focus/instrament has come up before it doesn't function any different than any other variant you take turn to visualize or meditate(Unless you are fast casting) it generally counts as a nonspecialized isntrament though if you can "Only call upon your powers when you have an Atlantean crystal..:" well that can be unique.

Comment

Paradox kind of comes out as bashing damage so it's effectively already in the rules. just take a vulgar approach to your mental powers and you'll soon be gushing blood out of every orifice!

Comment

Paradox works perfectly for this purpose... Actually, you could make an entire scenario for psyonics, totally removing any concepts of "magik", and use the game's rules, and it would fit like a glove

Comment

There's that Prime effect that lets you trade Health levels for Quintessence. That could easily be said to manifest as bloody nose/cerebral hemorrhage resulting from the strain of heroic effort.

Comment

Working...
          X