Cyborg Enforcers...Advices?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyborg Enforcers...Advices?

So, my players are fighting a technocratian amalgam which is pretty much The Iluminati.
    they are used to fight "Men in black." but...i fucking love Cyborg 009 and i been fiddling with the idea of full infiltration units of cyborgs...but i dont have much experience with running technocracy or with the countermagick of primium ... or to make them even appear or show off as if they were "Human Mages" or "traditional mages." any advices on how to run em? my players are arete 4-5 and i want to give them something that's an actual threat something to keep them worried about

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
    ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
    Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
    Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Firstly, Primium countermeasures are expensive. And given the enhancements background only covers so much in the way of devices...

Comment

hurmm..how would technocracian countermagick work?

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
      ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
      Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
      Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

Well. I'm not saying DON'T get it. Because it's a cyborgs only real defense against that nasty life three curse that basically just instagibs them.

What I'm saying is you should be careful about how much of it you give them. Generally speaking, I've found Mage heavily advantages the attacker.

You get a maximum of 15 points of cybernetics through the enhancements background. 4 points of countermagick from Primium costs 8. That's over HALF of your points.

On the other hand, you could give them a Martinez Robust hardsuit that they can take on and off as needed. And do the same exact thing for the same price, and leave your cybernetics points for actual cybernetics that do cool things.

Comment

I prefer the "upgrades" out of the progenitors book myself, everyone expects a cyborg.

Comment

Originally posted by BurritoMage View Post
            I prefer the "upgrades" out of the progenitors book myself, everyone expects a cyborg.
            You could have both.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecho View Post
              You could have both.
              But would your syndicate provided health care plan pay for both?

Comment

Originally posted by BurritoMage View Post

But would your syndicate provided health care plan pay for both?
                Well, you wouldn't have each person have both cybernetics and bio-augments, obviously. The team would be assembled from the ranks of both Iteration X and the Progenitors (probably Damage Control). Each member would have their own health care arrangements.

Comment

Well, you wouldn't have each person have both cybernetics and bio-augments, obviously. The team would be assembled from the ranks of both Iteration X and the Progenitors (probably Damage Control). Each member would have their own health care arrangements.
                  I think we both over thought each others statements 😉. I thought yours applied to the same npc, ergo taking both cyber and bio mods.

Comment

NPCs can have more than 5 points in enhancements. Even PCs can, it's just not recommended to allow it at character creation. This background can be bought several times.

Just remember, each dot on this background gives 1 permadox or 1 genetic flaw (at least one permadox must be taken for cibernetics).

Each dot can give +1 atribute or 3 points in devices (artifacts/talismans).

Do you wanna some badass borgs?

4-5 Primium countermeasure, Wolverine Primium claws, cuz Primium have the extra advantage of negating magical soak (so, each success in your 4-5 Primium rate will remove one dice from vampiric Fortitude, werewolf/other fera Vigor, others) to soak your attack. Plus, Primium do aggravated damage (there's no claws like Primium claws). Give him a Bionic eye with a few perks (choose 3-5 or more if you wish, always on or switched at will sensorial magik from any sphere 1). Give him a plasma Cannon with 4-5 dices (damage of Forces, successes x2 plus 1), and that's it, at least for a "Basic" un-enlightened one
                    Last edited by Karlgust; 02-21-2017, 06:21 AM.

Comment

If you have genegineering, you can't have devices and vice versa. So if you want bonuses you need to take the device that gives them.

Comment

Originally posted by Crowley View Post
                        hurmm..how would technocracian countermagick work?
                        -Setting the situation so that the caster's Paradigm is somehow put into doubt or shown to not be so universal. This can be done with a few well placed words or sentences.
                        -Expressing scientific skepticism.
                        -Mockery, laughing, being relaxed, showing no fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post
                          -Setting the situation so that the caster's Paradigm is somehow put into doubt or shown to not be so universal. This can be done with a few well placed words or sentences.
                          -Expressing scientific skepticism.
                          -Mockery, laughing, being relaxed, showing no fear.
                          Or an Anti-magic Field Generator.

Comment

This is more in the vein of Iteration-X or the Void Engineers I'd say. While the NWO, and of course the Syndicate with their Coincidental charm, would use the ones I mentioned, I imagine. A question is - where the Progenitors would stand?

And all of this applies to Unweaving as well; including against Sorcerer magic.
                            Last edited by Muad'Dib; 02-28-2017, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post
                              This is more in the vein of Iteration-X or Void Engineers I'd say. While the NWO, and of course the Syndicate with their Coincidental charm, would use the ones I mentioned, I imagine. A question is - where the Progenitors would stand?

And all of this applies to Unweaving as well; including against Sorcerer magic.
                              Progenitors might have inoculated themselves against parascientific attacks through chemical therapy, a symbiotic strain of protective bacteria, or nanomachines (son). They may try to engage these protections by verbally reaffirming their immunity, or by whipping out an injection or skin spray. Or else they may have grafted a gland to their body, just beneath the skin, that releases a hormone into their bloodstream when pressure is applied to the area (something like on the back of the neck would be subtle enough to pass as an unremarkable gesture). Or they might start spouting technobabble, like the others might. Or they might have modified their brain to have psychic powers, and they bend that ability towards countering their aggressors.

I can also see other Technocratic Conventions using modifications and external tools for countermagic. A brain implant could come equipped with "anti-mind-virus software" to repel psionic intrusion. Both NWO and Syndicate agents love their gadgets, so either might carry a pocket-sized harmonic disrupter, or an injector full of short-lived nanites or a chemical cocktail that looks like an insulin needle.

Nonverbal actions could be used to reestablish an agent's control of the situation, and their being above superstitious nonsense. Adjusting sunglasses or a tie, tracing the outline of a concealed weapon or a wallet, smoothing back hair, or checking the time as if bored. All of these things help to reaffirm the Technocrat's superiority in the situation, and keep them calm and composed. After all, these superstitionist "incantations" or "hexes" are just mind games, right? At best, the backwards mystic is trying to inject subconscious programming into the agent's mind, and engage a weird sort of Nocebo effect. So long as the agent doesn't lose his cool, they are immune to such tricks. They might even be able to force the superstitionist's mind to swallow its own mind-virus, if the agent acts cool enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X