Worm corruption and taint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worm corruption and taint

At what level sphere would I need to be able to remove a Wyrm's taint from someone? I assume spirit 4?

Well rite of cleansing is a rank 1 mystic rite, and exorcism is a spirit one rote.

Since in mage the "wyrm" is just entropy gone stupid maybe spirit one/entropy 1.

Comment

Exorcism is a spirit four rote..

Comment

My bad I was thinking detect possession. I guess it depends on how you view taint in mage. If it's just entropic resonance them prime with a dash of spirit should clean it up. If the person is possessed by a bane and made into a formori then you need spirit 4.

Comment

It's Mind that you'd need to wash away resonance. Though I would probably allow a mixture of Spirit and Prime for Wyrm taint specifically.

As for removing a Bane. Spirit 4 could directly move them away, yes. But it's not your only option.

Spirit 3 can allow you to directly harm the spirit, meaning you could potentially pummel it into slumber.

Spirit 2 allows you to reach across the gauntlet at attack it directly, giving it a good punch. If you happen to have Prime then you can enchant a weapon and have that strike across the gauntlet.

Keepers of the Wyck: A Chronicle I'm running UPDATE Chapter 31b: Removed

Comment

There are several ways actually, also there are ways that may get an incomplete cleanse, or a partial one, but may just be enough for some situations, and not so much for others. So, lets discuss a few options:

- Prime 2 can be used to change the ressonance of an area. This alone WON'T remove the taint, but over time, it will, IF you care to sustain the effect. Even a fomori that is constantly kept under a forced energy exposure of dynamic/pattern energies will end up being changed (the bane itself possessing the person will end up changing). For a tainted area, constant use of Prime 2 will end up cleaning the place - eventually.
            Or, you can do like the Technocracy do - sanitization. Just scorch the land with a huge BANG of primordial energy, Prime 4, and change all those "Wyrm" energies into pure quintessence... Ya know, purification by fire, sometimes it's the only way. Destroy all, and start anew.
            - Mind 2 can change the psychic emanations of an area.
            And my wife don't leave me alone never... (It will continue)

Comment

Originally posted by Saikou View Post
              It's Mind that you'd need to wash away resonance. Though I would probably allow a mixture of Spirit and Prime for Wyrm taint specifically.

As for removing a Bane. Spirit 4 could directly move them away, yes. But it's not your only option.

Spirit 3 can allow you to directly harm the spirit, meaning you could potentially pummel it into slumber.

Spirit 2 allows you to reach across the gauntlet at attack it directly, giving it a good punch. If you happen to have Prime then you can enchant a weapon and have that strike across the gauntlet.
              This is the taint of the wyrm, not the actual wyrm itself.

Would these option still apply?

Comment

Originally posted by KingJohn View Post

This is the taint of the wyrm, not the actual wyrm itself.

Would these option still apply?
                First line was about Wyrm Taint, the rest was about Banes.

If you want to get rid of the actual Wyrm itself, then you'll need more than Spirit 5 to deal with it.

Keepers of the Wyck: A Chronicle I'm running UPDATE Chapter 31b: Removed

Comment

Mind 2 change the psychic emanations of a place, and can be used to control the emotions of a person. Over time, it will change the ressonance of a place or even a person (it's worth noticing that it the other way around that the Prime 2 does; Prime changes the ressonance, and that end up changing the psychic emanations, while Mind change the psychic emanations, which end up changing the ressonance).
                  Using Prime 2 AND Mind 2 toghether, probably would speed up the cleaning process A LOT.
                  On a fomori, for example, it would be like playing classic music daily for a maniac assassin to keep him calm (only in a much deeper "brainwashing" magikal way), or giving an obsessive manic pills that turn him into a drone. Eventually, the bane inside will break, and while it may not really exorcize the spirit, it will change it in profound ways.
                  Mind 4 can be used on fomori to subjulgate the corruption away, removing all those homicidal sadistic thoughts. This is even faster than Mind 2 alone. And, if all else fails, you can simply leave a lobotomized empt shell in the place of a dangerous fomori
                  Last edited by Karlgust; 02-20-2017, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Entropy 3 can heal the soil, water, air, so it can Matter 4.
                    Entropy 4 can heal life-taint, just as it can Life 5 (removing the permanent feet long boner the Wyrm gives you, for example).
                    Life 2 can make wild life grow on outstanding rates in an area, allowing it to heal easier and faster.

Those options, however, are just to deal with the symptons, not the causes.

Comment

Spirit 2 is enough to "manually evict" any "undesireble" spirits. Plus, you can actually use it to summon spirits that will actively hunt down banes and other entropic beings, and spirits of the wilds or purification that can purify the area by themselves

Comment

It depends on the cause of the wyrm taint. I'd say its much easier to clense someone who ate a tainted sandwich vs someone who's a full on Formori or a full on BSD or Vampire.

Comment

Well, to clean a BDS you'll require brainwashing, but to clean a Vampire... You need final death and reencarnation...

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                            It depends on the cause of the wyrm taint. I'd say its much easier to clense someone who ate a tainted sandwich vs someone who's a full on Formori or a full on BSD or Vampire.
                            Yeah, a Mage can't even remove their own Bane per Book of the Wyrm. Though, clearly different than Wyrm Taint, which always seemed more nebulous.

Comment

Originally posted by Karlgust
                              Well, to clean a BDS you'll require brainwashing
                              I would say that cleansing a BDS would be harder than that. The process they undergo it's similar than what Nephandi do to their souls (The black spiral being a big caul in mage)

Comment

Working...
                              X