Fetish information

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fetish information

Where is the fetish open for mages (M20) that tells us how to use them, activate them, make them, etc?

Originally posted by KingJohn View Post
    Where is the fetish open for mages (M20) that tells us how to use them, activate them, make them, etc?
    Making a Fetish is done either through Chiminage (Spirit 2) or directly binding them to something (Spirit 4).
    After that, how they are used or activated is entirely dependent on what kind of spirit they are, and what relationship they have with the mage in question.

Not sure where it says this outside of the Spirit sphere section, though you might find a few things on HDYDT.

Other than that, default to FBDF and adapt.

Keepers of the Wyck: A Chronicle I'm running UPDATE Chapter 25: Going Down

Comment

Originally posted by Saikou View Post

Making a Fetish is done either through Chiminage (Spirit 2) or directly binding them to something (Spirit 4).
      After that, how they are used or activated is entirely dependent on what kind of spirit they are, and what relationship they have with the mage in question.

Not sure where it says this outside of the Spirit sphere section, though you might find a few things on HDYDT.

Other than that, default to FBDF and adapt.
      M20 says prime 4 is needed to create a fetish with a willing spirit in the crafting wonders chart.

Comment

M20 says prime 4 is needed to create a fetish with a willing spirit in the crafting wonders chart.
        That's stupid and should be disregarded.

Comment

That's stupid and should be disregarded.
          I agree. So, allow me to disagree, because I say that this is absolutely disregarded and should be stupid.

Why do they make so much retard things with my beloved Mage? Omg...

Comment

It seems to say you need Spirit 4 to bind an unwilling spirit or Prime 4 to bind a willing spirit (not "and prime 4")

I'm assuming that this means you can bind a willing or unwilling spirit with Spirit 4 but happen to be also able to bind a willing spirit with Prime 4.
            As for chiminage, I always considered that to be just you talking to a spirit and the spirit doing the actual work of becoming part of a fetish.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecat View Post

It seems to say you need Spirit 4 to bind an unwilling spirit or Prime 4 to bind a willing spirit (not "and prime 4&quot

I'm assuming that this means you can bind a willing or unwilling spirit with Spirit 4 but happen to be also able to bind a willing spirit with Prime 4.
              As for chiminage, I always considered that to be just you talking to a spirit and the spirit doing the actual work of becoming part of a fetish.
              Prime 4 to bind a spirit? Doesn't make any sense.

As for Chiminage... Yes. You can use just Spirit 2, and with a lot of diplomacy and favors exchange, convince the extradimensional being to enter the fetish.

If he is capable of doing so

Most spirits however, don't have enough power to possess items... For those, you'll still need Spirit 4.

Spirits able to do all the job alone will be more powerful and rare than most of the spirits the Mage will find routinely. That means it will be far more demanding (if he can do all by himself, why would he need the Mage for after all? You better throw it some sweet bone to convince such a spirit)

Comment

Originally posted by Karlgust View Post
                As for Chiminage... Yes. You can use just Spirit 2, and with a lot of diplomacy and favors exchange, convince the extradimensional being to enter the fetish.

If he is capable of doing so

Most spirits however, don't have enough power to possess items... For those, you'll still need Spirit 4.
                I'm not sure if that's the case. Most spirits should be able to inhabit a fetish without much trouble. So long as the object in question is complementary to the spirit's nature. A Fire Elemental would be right at home in candle, but be repelled by a vial of water, for example.

Comment

I'm not sure if that's the case. Most spirits should be able to inhabit a fetish without much trouble. So long as the object in question is complementary to the spirit's nature. A Fire Elemental would be right at home in candle, but be repelled by a vial of water, for example.
                  Really? I don't remember every spirit charm from a pletora of different books from different splats out of my head, but I was under the impression they would need at least some charm to "possess" the item...

Actually... Now that Ive thought about it... I don't really remember any specific rules about it... Just so WW typical

Comment

Really? I don't remember every spirit charm from a pletora of different books from different splats out of my head, but I was under the impression they would need at least some charm to "possess" the item...

Actually... Now that Ive thought about it... I don't really remember any specific rules about it... Just so WW typical
                    Axis Mundi implies that every spirit can be bound to a fetish regardless of charms.

Comment

Axis Mundi implies that every spirit can be bound to a fetish regardless of charms.
                      That seems a little too much... Why they don't reclaim this world than?

Comment

That seems a little too much... Why they don't reclaim this world than?
                        Because Gauntlet.

Comment

Prime 4 to bind a spirit? Doesn't make any sense.
                          The willing spirit goes into the item and then you use prime 4 to meld the patterns together by solidifying and making more real the reality of the oneness of spirit & item with copious use of the stuff of magick maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecat View Post

The willing spirit goes into the item and then you use prime 4 to meld the patterns together by solidifying and making more real the reality of the oneness of spirit & item with copious use of the stuff of magick maybe?
                            It's unnecessary. It means that Spirit mages would be required to have Prime 4 if they wanted to have constant spirit companions.
                            This is new to M20 and should be quite promptly ignored.

Comment

I guess I'll have to agree.
                              Considering spirits can do the fetich thing by themselves, my other ideas for why this could work all sound terrible.

Prime 4 for spirits with low self esteem who don't believe in their own capabilities, tsundere spirits who are willing to become fetiches but not willing, and spirits with Fetichtile dysfunction...

Chiminage (and making a fetich using spirit 2) isn't actually mentioned in M20 as far as i know though, so it might be considered valid only if you take the rulebook by itself... which is obviously not how we want to use mage, and even then, the logic is flimsy.

On the other hand, maybe someone just made a mistaken copy paste or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X