No announcement yet.

Fetish information

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

> This is, after all, the Technocratic reality. Or would you deny it?
    This is the really real world, maybe you need to take a chill pill
    <backs away slowly>

One of my favourite lines because it's so totally meta on a couple of levels:

T-Bird: I knew I knew you, I knew I knew you. But you ain't you. You can't be you. We put you through the window. There ain't no coming back. This is the really real world, there ain't no coming back. We killed you dead, there ain't no coming back! There ain't no coming back! There ain't no coming back!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecat View Post

My contestation is not with your assessment over their supremacy versus the traditions. That much has been part of the story from the beginning. What I'm pointing out is the word - winning - might not be completely accurate as to what is happening in the Technocratic Victory Metaplot in that their - winning - that scenario has actually given them a problem that may hinder their chances for true victory for decades to come.

More importantly the main Metaplot in Mage Revised is no longer as cannon as it was in revised as noted by - That Damned Elusive Metaplot - sidebar in page 376 in M20 and the Future Fates sidebars throughout the book. That's all.

I have no problem with an exceedingly powerful Technocracy and actually wish we were seeing more of a pickup from one of the Time of Judgement scenarios.
      Oh, I see. So, I couldn't make myself clear, Im sorry.

Lets say, the Technocracy is more powerful than the Traditions (or the weird alliance of the remnants outside the Trads). The Technocracy have a better organizational hierarchic system (its built as a military/governamental institution), they have more Nodes, more Tass, more Devices, more resources, more personal... Basically, they have more. Oh, and they have more of the Consensus either.

That has always been the entire premisse of Mage from day 1 (when the Union were more of a rumor, and an agent were a fearsome thing, like the agents of the Matrix movie - you didnt fight them in 1st edition, you ran).

Its up to the ST how powerful or how decadent they are, true. And, when playing a techie, players will find it terribly underpowered for all the shit they have to deal with.

But in Mage, the basic premisse is that the Union is the bigger dog out there

Comment

Yup. That's what makes the story interesting, even if you are a Traditions guy.

The Technocracy as written forced me to think up all sorts of grand ideas that went well beyond what most people would think of in terms of magical tactics and combat, from illusionary projections of yourself that could actually deal psychic and real damage while you safely meditated in your sanctum, to the stormwarden grappler assassin who pulls enemies through the gauntlet from the other side of the umbra, to the legendary just good enough to be true guy with 5 in every attribute & ability that mattered and the ability to dictate fate in his favor.

It felt great to find ways to go toe to toe with the guys who tromped the tradition masters.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecat View Post
          Yup. That's what makes the story interesting, even if you are a Traditions guy.

The Technocracy as written forced me to think up all sorts of grand ideas that went well beyond what most people would think of in terms of magical tactics and combat, from illusionary projections of yourself that could actually deal psychic and real damage while you safely meditated in your sanctum, to the stormwarden grappler assassin who pulls enemies through the gauntlet from the other side of the umbra, to the legendary just good enough to be true guy with 5 in every attribute & ability that mattered and the ability to dictate fate in his favor.

It felt great to find ways to go toe to toe with the guys who tromped the tradition masters.
          Yep, the War of Ascension is a HUGE imagination exercise. The possibilities are staggering.

How do a dreamspeaker Shaman fights? What tactics could he employ?

How does the agents fight such a RD back?

Furious Banes or Wyldlings insanely storming against the Men in Black? Does the land itself rises to fight those Technocratic abominations? Mud men rising from the ground, absurdly ancient monstruousities crossing dimensions to devour the technocrats...

How do the agents deal with those threats? Do they send in their unholy artificial creation? Desecrate the works of the Mother by shielding this world from the Spirit? Do they unleash their Primal weapons on those ancient horrors to unmake them?

And how those creepy Eutanathoi fight? Curses, mysterious murders, wraiths spies

VAs hackers, Etherites with crazy machines, hermetics conjuring storms, cursed Verbena trees... Against monstruous ciborgs, unholy clones, nighmarish machines

The possibilities both sides goes beyond imagination

Which is why Mage is my favorite game

Comment

An additional point to consider:
            The Techies may have more power, but can they use all that power at their leisure on the spot?

What matters is the power you can bring to bear, not the total power you have.
            As written the Technocrats are spread out, working on countless things on countless locations.
            A single mystic can potentially screw them on one thing at a certain location.
            Both sides know very well that the threat of power has power itself.

So, this Zen Master walks up to a hot dog stand and says: "Make me one with everything!"

Comment

Working...
            X