Magick in the real world

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BurritoMage View Post
    If Crowley was around today he would have a tumblr , maybe a small ED page and no one would care.
    Did someone summoned me?

also..erm...i...might know someone who is the friend of a cousin from a really far away town who lives with my girlfriend who is in canada..Who practices Magick.

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
    ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
    Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
    Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

Originally posted by Crowley View Post
      Did someone summoned me?
      Well, clearly summoning works.

- If you must be ridiculous, I must ridicule you.
      - Those that can give up essential liberties in exchange for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecat View Post

Sounds like an interesting bunch. A PhD in what particular field, if you don't mind my asking? Can I bug you with science questions?
        I'm a speech therapist. It's a healthcare field, so PhD candidates have to be well-versed in empirical sciences, but language and child development are social sciences, so I studied a lot of methods of "soft science" too.

Comment

Cool. Me, I do digital graphics work and marketing and information design. I play RPGs as a hobby, study the occult for fun, and dabble in writing and the martial arts.

More stuff for Magick in the real world
          https://www.reddit.com/r/nevertellme...eal_life_mage/

Comment

im in realstate and i practice Magickal Healing through people's auras and energy fields

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).

Comment

Here's a nice article i found about finding magic in the world
              http://dark-mountain.net/blog/findin...-in-the-world/

Glad to meet you Crowley. To learn to heal is a worthy undertaking.

Comment

I`ve done a good research about this topic. I liked to read about chaos magick, which is pretty similar to M20 practice chaos magick, where anything goes (but with less sex,drugs and rock & roll). I am still reading about it, but so far it looks, at least to me, like a purple paradigm in the sense that you know that it`s your will and state of mind working with your subconscient that is making the "effects" (if any at all), so you just pick a way to work with it that suits you better, insted of the rigorous candles, angels, demons and symbols of conventional magick.

Seems pretty intersting and fun, but I still can`t understand people who claim to do things that are completely out of reach of a self-hypnosis or a biased mind, which looks like it`s all real magick can do.

Crowley could you tell more about it? How you do it, and the results it brings?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Revan View Post
                  I`ve done a good research about this topic. I liked to read about chaos magick, which is pretty similar to M20 practice chaos magick, where anything goes (but with less sex,drugs and rock & roll). I am still reading about it, but so far it looks, at least to me, like a purple paradigm in the sense that you know that it`s your will and state of mind working with your subconscient that is making the "effects" (if any at all), so you just pick a way to work with it that suits you better, insted of the rigorous candles, angels, demons and symbols of conventional magick.

Seems pretty intersting and fun, but I still can`t understand people who claim to do things that are completely out of reach of a self-hypnosis or a biased mind, which looks like it`s all real magick can do.

Crowley could you tell more about it? How you do it, and the results it brings?
                  Oi everyone. if ya guys want me to talk about the Energy Healing i practice, i have no problems with it. Do bear in mind my english isnt very good...

First of, This is a Complementary Therapy. Meaning, NEVER LEAVE YOUR PSYCHOLOGIST OR PSYQUIATRIST WHILE DOING THIS. and never leave your meds if you are ordered to take meds.

Basically, we belive that Humans have Physical Structures of Trauma and Anchors that dont allow them to advance in their personal lifes. Solidified ideas such as "Im a bad father" or "Ill never be good at work.". Other things like Parasites, Soul Injuries or even Black Magick and Spells that the person has recieved.

Its our belive that The human energy field or Aura must be Complete, Must Be in constant flow and must be independant from outside influence (such as Promises or Oaths or bindings to toxic people).

We use the energy in our hands and the constant idea of "Peace and Healing" of "Universal Love" and of "True Understanding" to try and remove some of these.
                  Parasites are easy to get off, The structures in other hand need the proper open will of the patient as well the declaration of personal oaths and mandalas within himself, stuff making the patient say things such as
                  "I X, allow myself to become a better father. I allow myself to learn from my mistakes and move on. I declare myself free, i Declare myself Free, i Declare Myself Free. i ask my Guides to help me clean and remove any structures related to fear of parenthood."

basically. in short words, we help to reshape the thought patterns by removing the solidified ideas that people bind themselves to their aura and soul.

The results are quite amazing really, call it placebo effect if you dont belive in it. but patients actually MANAGE to change their lifes through ongoing treatment. I seen patients crying their griefs out or removing their anguish and pains in amazing ways.

Sometimes we add Bach Flowers as a secondary Resource for the healing. But personally, we belive that its the pure Willpower and Ongoing ideas of the Sub Concousness driving some mental and structural weaknesses within the patient, making their insecurities real and to manifest within the patient itself.

As for other Elements besides the manipulation of energy within the field, we use what we call "Guides" or "Being of Light." call it "Avatar" if you want (i personally call it like that) as a sort of "Guide" or "Instinct" when treating the patient, as a sort of "Gut Feeling" about certain things that make sense within the patient.

Sorry for the small paralel with Mage but there was no other way i could explain the Guides or Beings of Light. i love to talk about this subject and i love to feel energy, to manipulate it and feel people's energy field. but i guess i had no other way to put it in words.

So yeah, basically its magick to manipulate and help people's soul directly as a way of Therapy.
                  Last edited by Crowley; 03-17-2017, 11:45 PM.

Comment

And the stuff Crowley speaks of is just one of the things you'll find out there.

Originally posted by Lord Revan View Post

Some of them are crazy, some of them are under the effects of their own self hypnosis, and some of them have performed feats that I can only call "anomalous". Thus Magick.

I'll have to say though that it is really hard to tell much about any of this stuff until you actually check it out firsthand. I've done a bit of healing work myself and found it to be exceedingly effective within its parameters. I've done a bit of research regarding a form of mind control used primarily in Brazil and found it has a chemical basis. Some "magick" seems to be able to affect certain coincidences to an uncanny degree (I study these a lot but I've found this doesn't lend itself well to objective study at all). I've done some amount of Iron shirt kung fu training and understand how it works, can perform what is called a "soft block" in kung fu, and have learned enough about the martial arts that I can distinguish the fakers from the masters. I've tried to figure out what chi is and so far have found what people call chi seems for practical purposes to be several distinct and very different things. People just like to think of as one thing.

Without serious study of something, you really can't tell much about it and will always be relying on someone else's opinion. Try making sense of quantum physics formulas without the proper training, for example.

Now if you really do want to see what Magick can really do, I suggest you try to learn meditation, attain the state of mind where you can clear your mind of all unwanted thoughts, learn how to use that to perform these feats of self hypnosis (Which, mind you can be very useful), and then try to use this discipline to perform something outside the parameters of what can be done using self hypnosis.
                    Last edited by Spacecat; 03-18-2017, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X