Iron Fist as a Mage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Fist as a Mage

If Netflix's Iron Fist were a Mage, what spheres would he have?

Probably Life, Prime and some mind. More then a few dots of Do

Comment

I will watch this and get back to that question.

Comment

Yeah -- pretty much what BurritoMage said: Life, Prime and Mind (levels varying depending on how far along in terms of the character's history you go).

Sidenote: however, metaphysically speaking, much like with The Shadow, Iron Fist is cross-mystically more so a Sorcerer(tm)/Numina-endowed mortal than a properly (A)wakened Mage(tm). In WoD, he would be a sorcerer vs., say, The Ancient One or Dr. Strange's as nages. But that's just being more nitpicky about the metaphysical qualities involved and the cross-factors....

I have been around here for waaaayyyy too fucking long...

Comment

I also think, given his origin, that Wu Lung would be a more likely tradition for him to be associated with than the Akashic Brotherhood.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
            I also think, given his origin, that Wu Lung would be a more likely tradition for him to be associated with than the Akashic Brotherhood.

Not really? He's white so that cancels any Wu Lung option there, but also their paradigm is ritualistic based, yes there are tiger warrior members but martial arts and Meditation is nto basically their sole instrament. The Wu Lung are not Monastic that's very much the opposite of their Paradigm.

Comment

I was thinking in terms of the otherdimensional city where they're headquartered and the association with dragons.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
                I was thinking in terms of the otherdimensional city where they're headquartered and the association with dragons.
                AKashics also use the Dragon symbol and had Horizon Realms/Chantries.

I'd say Gao is alot closer to Wu Lung.
                Last edited by Lian; 03-20-2017, 03:00 AM.

Comment

I'm a few episodes in and I still haven't seen anything that couldn't be accomplished with Prime or Forces 2. I'm guessing the other powers show up later in the show. I really liked the Immortal Iron Fist comic and kinda wish they make something like that as a live action thing some day.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecat View Post
                    I'm a few episodes in and I still haven't seen anything that couldn't be accomplished with Prime or Forces 2. I'm guessing the other powers show up later in the show. I really liked the Immortal Iron Fist comic and kinda wish they make something like that as a live action thing some day.
                    Well ther's stuff he needs life 3 for by episode 4 and by the end of the series.

I'd honestly say he He makes a better Shih though

Comment

In my opinion, the comic book version of Danny and the other Iron fists do seem to eventually hit mage level capabilities in terms of power and flexibility.

Danny seems to have:
                      Life 3 (Superhuman physical prowess, Heal self and others, Recover from cancer, Resist Zombie plague)
                      Forces 2 ("The Iron Fist", weird stuff like amplifying his magnetic properties to fly towards at train at high speed on a maglev track, surviving explosions)
                      Mind 2 (Control of own mind, Some degree of resistance to mental powers, Some influence on human thoughts and emotions, Some telepathic ability... and sensing auras)

But with the whole dragon thing, and the way it seems to work, I'd build Shou-Lao and the Iron Fist as some sort of powerful living wonder

So if we're using mage, I'd suggest he began his superhero career as some sort of mystic martial artist with additional powers granted by Shou-Lao and through continued use of such powers awakened as a mage, probably some time after the Heroes for Hire was formed.

(Edit: Or maybe Shou-Lao is some sort of Awaken or die sort of test)
                      Last edited by Spacecat; 03-21-2017, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X